This blog will soon be deleted....

September 16, 2017


For the very last time a short message from me: this blog, Miss Lindsay Lane, will be deleted entirely before the end of this year. I know most bloggers who quit writing their blog keep it as a fond memory filled with memories, as a source of information, and what not. But I decided differently. I will be deleting this entire blog. The reason why I don't delete it immediately is that I'd like to give people the opportunity to revisit some posts that contain a lot of information on, say, vintage beauty and fashion.

I never visit this blog myself anymore, and somehow it feels weird to keep it online. I haven't found the exact reason for this feeling, but I suspect it has to do with the fact that it is filled with parts of my life that I'd rather forget, need to let go, my changed views on life, and how different of a person I was at the time of writing this blog; a person I am glad not to be anymore.

Before I wrote my last post in the beginning of this year, I was afraid that I was going to regret it big time. But let me tell you: I haven't for a single second regretted my choice of retiring this blog. I think it says something about how detached from this blog I actually already was at the time, and have been for a long time. It felt like a millstone. It still does, because it's always somewhere in the back of my mind, which makes me feel uneasy. And I really want, and need, to let it go.

You know -without expanding too much on it- there are some really, really big life changes coming up for me. These will be ginormous mountains that I'll need to climb, it will be a new and big scary chapter in my life, and it will ask of me to let go of my former self. With it comes the deleting of this blog.

Although I am so much less active on the world wide web and social media -and live more privately as a person- I won't disappear entirely. I am still writing my Dutch food and herbalist blog, Thyme & Pepper, and you can follow me there. It has it all packed into one: great recipes, my adventures as a herbalist, a peek into my life and also has my Instagram activity, my Facebook timeline, my Twitter feed, and my Pinterest feed. So if you'd like to keep up with me, then click on this link. Love to see you there!

Again: thank you all for reading my blog and I am sorry if I disappoint anyone in this process of deleting it. Much love to you!




You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. I have loved your blog! My very best wishes to you as you begin this new chapter!
    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being here.
    May your future path bring you much needed joy, dearest gal!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images