Photoshoot for Miss Poppy Wear

February 10, 2017


This post contains products that have been sent to me for collaboration

This year I got the opportunity to collaborate once again with the lovely Karen for her retro clothing shop Miss Poppy Wear. This time it was not only me who got the opportunity to model some lovely vintage style clothes, but my beloved boyfriend Ben as well. It was his first time as a model and he did a stellar job!

On the photos, I am wearing the Roxy-Lee Fox print stretch top by Miss Candyfloss. I absolutely love foxes and count them among my favorite animals, so it's no surprise that I am in love with this cute print. The top is made from a very comfortable stretchy material (97% cotton and 4% spandex), has long sleeves, a double collar and a sweetheart opening made from a soft jersey fabric.

I count this top among my favorites ever since I wore it for the first time; it's figure hugging and very comfortable.

The skirt I am wearing is the Fallon pencil skirt by Miss Candyfloss in marine color; a comfortable high waist skirt with adorable frills on the back, a zipper on the side, and a small sexy split on the right.

I usually tend to shy away from pencil skirts as I am not always sure if they suit me. However, these doubts were gone as soon as I saw and wore the Fallon pencil skirt. The skirt is made of a firm fabric (63% polyester, 35% viscose, 2% elastane) and feels very comfortable to my body. You can move easily in this skirt (which is not always the case with pencil skirts in my experience) and also became a new favorite in my wardrobe.


As mentioned above, my partner was also collaborating with Miss Poppy Wear this time and was sent the gorgeous Swinging Savoy pants and vest made by Vecona Vintage. He looked absolutely stunning in this set.

Now, you should know that Ben is very picky if it comes to reproduction vintage clothing. Usually, he only wears clothing originally from the 1930s or 1940s, unless it's reproduced really well.

This set, skillfully made by Vecona Vintage, however, made him very enthusiastic. The fabric and cut resemble the clothing of the 1930s very well in his opinion and especially the pants are as if it's an original 1930s one. Ben is a tall guy (1.90m / 6'2") and usually has trouble finding good quality reproduction clothing that fit him well, especially trousers, but there were none of these problems with the Swinging Savoy set. It all fits beautifully.

These high waist pants with pleats are very elegant and made of a comfortable airy material, which makes it perfect for seasons such as spring and summer. You can move freely in it, as this set is made for dances such as the Lindy Hop. It's a really beautifully made set and well worth the investment for your wardrobe.


Do yourself a favor and have a look at the stunning collection available through the Miss Poppy Wear website, especially since they have a 10% Valentine's day discount going on at the moment! Treat yourself for Valentine's day, or surprise a loved one with some beautiful retro clothing Miss Poppy Wear has to offer. Use the code "POPPYLOVE" on all non-discounted items.


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images