The Black Dahlia Robe by Dita von Teese

June 16, 2016


You might remember that this incredibly beautiful piece of clothing was on my Wednesday's Wardrobe Wishlist back in December of 2015. I was musing on about it; how it would be the perfect replacement for my original 1940s dressing robe, which was totally worn out, but that I would have to save up a lot of money before I could actually buy the satin Black Dahlia gown.

But when I got my holiday pay, like every year in may, I found myself browsing on Glamuse to treat myself to some new, lovely lingerie by Dita von Teese. (By far my favorite lingerie line ever, because it's inspired by lingerie from bygone day's, but with modern day comfort.) I stumbled upon the Dahlia collection, and to my surprise I saw that the Dahlia robe was still available. In my size. Gasp. I closed my eyes, still a bit hesitant, and clicked Ajouter au panier (which means add to shopping basket in French).


The Dahlia robe is inspired by the 1940s dressing robes you see abundantly in movies from that era. The robe is very comfortable to wear; I just love the feel of satin on my skin. Though, dwarf as I am with my 1m62, the robe is a liiiittle on the long side for me, and the buttoned sleeves a bit too wide for my petite wrists. The problem of the length, which is not that cumbersome, is easily solved by wearing boudoir slippers.

 Tia modelling the gown. Which one would you choose? Satin or velvet?

It was a treat to open the package. It came with a beautiful satin clothes hanger, which I absolutely love, and the pictures do not do justice to the gown. It's really beautiful. It makes me feel very glamorous, especially when I am lounging on our comfortable '40s couch whilst watching old movies, sipping on my favorite n/a Daiquiri, or have my favorite tea.

 Dita wearing the robe herself.

A bonus: I was so happy and so flattered when Dita von Teese shared my photo on which I wear the Black Dahlia robe, on her Twitter account. The love and compliments I got from her followers aswell in the following days were overwhelming and made me fly! I was on a pink cloud.



You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. It is beautiful indeed...It suits you very well, despite being a bit long.
    You make me want to have one. I don't know if my boyfriend would like it, but as Dita herself puts it, you should always wear lingerie for yourself first :-)
    I'm glad you're back to blogging again, I've only discovered your blog recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay Lane16 June, 2016

      Thank you very much for your sweet words! I, indeed, believe in the words Dita says: always wear lingerie for yourself. If you feel great and beautiful in it, your boyfriend would see you that way, too!

      And, welcome to my blog :-D

      Delete
  2. ahhh, that robe is absolutely breath-taking! Also, congrats for the retweet; it's very exciting, and truly deserved. Your photos are amazing! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonita ❤💋

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, Bonita ❤💋

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely stunning! I'm so glad that Dita saw this! And happy to see a new post here <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart! ❤

      Delete
    2. Thank you sweetheart! ❤

      Delete
  4. Stunning robe - what a wonderful piece to treat yourself to. Huge congrats on the retweet and flurry of online loveliness that followed it.

    Many hugs & happy summertime wishes coming your way,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images