Taking a little blogging break

February 06, 2016

I'm sure if you read this blog regularly, you must have been aware that I hardly have inspiration these days for blog posts that are original and interesting. I am a bit tired of blogging lately, and in my 2016 goals blog post I wrote that I want to reduce my time behind the internet. I think this is a good time to do so.

I must confess that I had this post as a draft for a while now, but I hadn't really had the courage to push the publish button, yet. But here we are. I am going to take a break from blogging. I can not tell you for how long. Either that be a week or a year. Although, between you and me, a year will be too long for me, I'm sure. But who knows.

I am blogging since 2009(!), so that's quite some time if you consider that I never took a break from blogging ever since that year. I will not quit this blog, but I have so many other things to do which have my utmost priority at the moment, that I have hardly any time for blogging. Plus, I lost inspiration. Even though I am a jack of all trades kind of gal, I think I am not sure how to give all that a place on this blog. To merge it with eachother beautifully, without it all becoming a messy and unorganized bunch.

I am a blogger who loves to take her time to compose a post; plan an hour or so in my agenda to write the post, sitting in a comfy chair with my laptop, sipping a cup of tea and nibble on a macaron. Or something like that. I love writing; it has always been my strongest trait, but the past year ... perhaps two ... I have lost it. And I think it's because I have been pushing myself to keep blogging, blogging, blogging - even when there was not even the slightest inspiration.

I am a perfectionist to the core (Hi, Capricorn here) and my blog was challenging me and tiring me in this context. Because my posts, somehow, never became what I had imagined them to be, yet I kept pushing myself. We all know that that doesn't work.

I will also reduce my time on Instagram and Facebook. I am rarely on Facebook since a year or two actually, and Instagram is also a bit neglected these days. At the moment, I just can't keep up with the pace of the Internet, and I really don't have to. I don't want to.

Again, I am not sure how long this break will be. A week. Two weeks. Three months. Six months. Or a year. Time will tell. I will not dissapear from the radar altogether. My Instagram will be used, but just less so. The same for Twitter and Pinterest.

Keep an eye out, because I will be back, with, hopefully, more outfit posts, captivating content and other things. I have lovely things planned with friends, I have also amazing photoshoots upcoming, so I am sure when I am ready to blog again, you will read all about it.

By the way: I do have a few pre-written posts upcoming on my food blog, so if you are interested in my foodie- and kitchen adventures ... head over to Dash of Nostalgia. (It's written in Dutch, though). I will be active there a little longer.



You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Thank's for your come back in this blog!sometimes it's find to difficult what to write, but as soon we spend some time to other activities our mind will be charged and find some new words, so nice to be share your thought's i would love to be part of this one .
    Regard's
    Seeffan
    Bridal Party Dresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Seeffan! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I'll miss reading your lovely posts. But hopefully your break will kick start your inspiration :) Look forward to seeing you back later on, Em x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images