Dolly & Dotty dresses: Cecilia Floral Halter Swing Dress

January 14, 2016


Note: this post contains products that have been sent to me for collaboration. Opinions below are entirely my own.

I always love it when new vintage reproduction brands come onto my path. In the end of last year, the lovely brand Dolly & Dotty asked me to collaborate with them, and sent me one of their gorgeous dresses to review. I absolutely fell in love with the Cecilia Floral Halter Swing dress in pale blue.

© Image copyright: Dolly & Dotty


Who are Dolly & Dotty?

Dolly & Dotty: Here at Dolly and Dotty we are obsessed with all things vintage, our beautiful collection captures the spirit of 1950’s Rockabilly girls, swing dancers and eye-catching elegance. Feminine vintage prints and silhouettes inspire the signature style of the range as well as 1960’s pin up girls and Audrey Hepburn’s timeless style...

Dolly & Dotty have been studying genuine vintage styles and are able to adapt classic garments to fit and flatter a contemporary and fashionable woman. They aim to create all of their dresses with a modern twist to suit all occasions. With their team, they design all of the dresses in house.

What I absolutely love about Dolly & Dotty, is that their collection is huge and has something for everybody: whether you are a pin up girl, rockabilly chick, or if you are just looking for a great day dress ... Dolly & Dotty has it all in every shape, size and print imaginable.

Dolly & Dotty: From fancy florals for day to chic chiffon for evening, our fun fitted dresses are cut to shape the body and are easy to wear. Our range of fitted dresses are beautifully made and come in a variety of luxurious fabrics to suite every pin up girl!


Although the 1930s and 1940s are my favorite era's, I caught myself being in love lately with 1950s swing dresses. They are perfect for when you have a high tea with your friends, when you take a visit to the museum, or, ofcourse, when you fancy a swing dance.


The Cecilia Floral Halter Dress features an adorable sweetheart neckline (my favorite!), a cute floral pattern of 'old English roses', a full '50s style circle skirt, a belt to match and invisible zipper on the backside. The dress is made from a soft but firm cotton, which makes this dress perfect for spring and summer months (this dress just screams spring to me).


The Cecilia dress wears very comfortable, light, and the stretch in the back makes sure that you can move around easily in the dress, which is not entirely unimportant ofcourse. The dress comes up to my knees (I am 1.60m / 5'3").

I am absolutely smitten with this dress and I cannot wait for the warmer seasons to pop up and wear the dress in all of its glory!

For the colder months, the Cecilia would make a lovely ensemble when paired with a cardigan.

Buy your own Cecilia Floral Halter Neck Dress by clicking *here*Is pale blue not your color? Don't worry, the Cecilia dress comes in cream, purple, dark blue, black, and white.


"Each morning, you dress to become a different woman. Fashion helps."
  

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. Oh, I love that dress! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely, and I cannot wait for spring and summer to arrive, so I can wear this dress in its full glory. xxx

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you look absolutely gorgeous! Lovely dress, lovely face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart <3

      Delete
  3. This baby blue colour is perfection on you! You look so amazingly perfect, love that dress! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so radiantly gorgeous! Light blue is downright heavenly on you, sweet dear.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images