Recap of my week 48 & 49

December 06, 2015

In week 48 I tried to refrain from my laptop and phone as much as possible; enjoy life outside of the Internet and not be available 24/7. Life goes a little too fast for me at the moment and I have been taking huge steps in my life lately, which are irrelevant to talk about on the blog, but which have taken quite a toll on me. Even though they are good choices. I needed to sit myself down, have a chat with myself and tell myself that if I continue on this path I will slowly burn out.  My body is showing some scary effects of stress (stress can make it look like you have the most horrible diseases) and I work hard to set this straight.

I also cut a few ties with my old hometown, a place I really don't want to visit anymore (despite having my lovely family there) as it's a town that gave me one of my biggest traumas. I was still seeing my therapist in my old hometown, but since this year he opened a private practice in my (and his) hometown, Zutphen. I decided to transfer to his practice and continue the trauma treatment I receive from him there. Finally no more train rides all the time.

This was also a week of festivity. In the Netherlands we celebrate Sinterklaas and I celebrated this with my family in law in the desolate town Ijzerlo, which has only 160 inhabitants. Ben has nieces and a nephew who all still believe in Sinterklaas, and they were so enthusiastic when the big bag full of presents arrived. It reminds me of me and my younger sister when we were that age. I was terrified of Sinterklaas.

In week 49 I worked hard on my food blog, which I will be continuing in Dutch. The reasons for this I explained in a post on that blog. This week it also started for the first time with a post in my own language. It will cost me quite a lot of followers, but I have thought long and hard about it and this was my choice.





Without further ado, let's see what my week looked like.


I had the sunday all to myself and I was home alone. I decided to treat myself to a home spa.

Starting my day relaxed with a Glowing Green Smoothie, Peppermint tea and Marilyn.

Lingerie is not about seducing men, it's about embracing womanhood. — Dita von Teese

I made this delicious winterly chicory salad with vegetarian fake smoke bacon, pumpkin seeds, tangerines and a dressing. Recipe on my food blog.
 
Whilst sitting in the train, I captured this gorgeous sky. I love beautiful skies.

 
I ate this delicious Kale, couscous, rainbow carrots and pomegranate seeds salad for lunch.

  
I would have a long day at my family in law celebrating Sinterklaas, so I made this elaborate lunch with toast and mashed avocado, topped with scambled eggs and black truffle salt. Plus a green smoothie.

Words of wisdom!

I love having my cup of tea and some fruit, whilst searching for recipe inspiration in Foodies magazine and Saveurs magazine.


You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I love reading about your weeks , you're always so beautiful and talented . These are some very hard times to me due to several health problems and it's so refreshing visit your colorful page . It makes me happy and relaxed .Thanks so much! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about your health problems. Can I ask what it is? If you ever want to have a chat, you can email me at my personal email lindsaycillessen (a) hotmail . com

      All the strength to you <3

      Delete
  2. So immensely true about stress. I've actually said, in complete earnest, to Tony before that I won't be the least bit surprise if stress is the death of me at some point. Fingers crossed such isn't the case of course, and that it doesn't take a continually heavy toil on you, sweet Lindsay.

    Big hugs & joyful holiday season wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I always say to Ben aswell. Stress is a rogue, and dangerous aswell.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images