Recap of my (Christmas) week #52

December 27, 2015

I hope all of you had a marvelous Christmas! Mine was a Christmas filled with family, love and good food and many lovely presents. Although Christmas is usually a stress-y time for me, I could relax a little and forget the troubles and burnout I am going through lately, which I told you about in last week's recap.

I celebrated Christmas eve with my sister at my father and his girlfriend and their dogs. Ben sadly had to work and could not make it in time to come with us. Usually my father's girlfriend makes all the food, but this time they asked us to take care of the appetizer and dessert. I took care of the appetizer and my sister the dessert. I decided to make Gorgonzola grapes, but because not many love Gorgonzola, I also made insalata caprese appetizers. Ironically enough, everyone just lóved the Gorgonzola grapes - even my sister who's a véry difficult eater.

First Christmas day I spent with Ben, my mother, sister, grandmother, uncle and two nephews. We spent the evening grilling (my sister bought lots of vegetarian grill food for me) and laughing.

The second day of Christmas, Ben and I visited a fleamarket in our hometown but didn't find much and it was extremely buzy. It almost felt like black friday.

Let's have a look.

Half moon manicure. For the festive days I did pearlescent moons instead of a regular white.

Christmas eve at my father and Ellen's house.

Doing a home spa before the Christmas revelry begins. The Weleda bottle at the bottom is a great deodorant without nasty chemical additives. I was so pleased to read in Your Beauty Mark that Dita uses this one, too.

First Christmas day with family.

Gorgonzola grapes

Breakfast on the second day of Christmas

My father gave me this box of pastels and watercolor paint set. They both belonged to my grandfather (my mother's side), who died three years ago shortly before Christmas. My grandfather, a marvelous painter, was a great tutor to his son in law, my father, who is also a great painter. Both of them are (and were) a great tutor to me.

It means the world to me that I got these two amazing family heirlooms and I plan to use them a lot. It would make both my grandfather and father very proud. Being given these boxes brought me to tears.

Percy daydreams of hunting birds. Probably. He has such soulful eyes.

I posted this with the quote: Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

Een video die is geplaatst door Lindsay Lane (@misslindsaylane) op

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Lovely! Hope you're enjoying your holidays as much as I am! Happy 2016 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2016 to you aswell, lovely gal!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas! I love that you received your grandfather's art supplies. How very special. :)

    It was quiet here. My mother was sick, so our family Christmas was canceled. But I had a great time with my husband and daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hope your mother gets well soon. Glad to read that you had a nice Christmas, too.

      Delete
  3. It always really and deeply hits home, doesn't it, when you see the words "week 52" written down, that another year is coming to a close. Wow. Where does the time go?

    Thank you for sharing your life, your beauty, your inspiration, your challenges, your joys, your recipes, your wish list items, and so much more without throughout these past 12 months, dear Lindsay. Your blog is always a delight and I really look forward to enjoying everything that you have in store for us in 2016.

    Blissful New Year's wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely, lovely comment. Time flies ridiculously fast, I can see myself celebrating NYE like it was yesterday. I hope 2016 brings you all that you wish for, Jessica. It is so well deserved!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images