M•A•C Von Teese lipstick

December 22, 2015


Note: opinions given below are entirely my own

To celebrate the launch of her amazing beauty and glamour book Your Beauty Mark, Dita von Teese did a collaboration with M•A•C Cosmetics in the form of her ultimate signature mark: red lipstick.

The lipstick is a limited edition and is called Von Teese. I found out about this lipstick through Instagram months before it was released and I became wildly enthusiastic. I am a huge aficionado of red lipstick myself and I love to have all kinds of different reds to experiment with. I am also, to no ones surprise anymore, a big fan of Dita. So I had to have this lipstick; I also never let a chance pass me by to buy a new red lipstick aswell.


To my horror I found out that I could not order the lipstick on the date of its release due to MAC not shipping to my country, and the lipstick is sold exclusively online. I became kinda desperate and talked to a dear friend of me who lives in Mexico; he was able to get me two lipsticks via his friend who had a PO box in the United States. Yay!

Ironically enough, a couple of days later I read that the lipstick would also be released in my own country, the Netherlands, only a week later. When the time was there, I couldn't wait any longer for the lipsticks that were arranged for me in the United States and I ordered one on the date it was released in my country. That means that I will have three MAC von Teese lipsticks in the future, which is really not a bad thing considering the fact that it is a limited edition.


The lipstick is a matte vivid tomato red with a blue undertone. A color I wasn't really familiar with. But in Dita's own words, you should experiment and try all options of red, and other colors, available to see what suits you best.

On the photos the lipstick tends toward a pinkish red, I think because of a lipliner I used as a base.


Let me tell you: I LOVE this lipstick. I am a fan of matte lipstick, though these are known to dry lips like no other. MAC did good on this one: it's a matte lipstick yet has a slightly creamy substance. It applies easily, it feels like satin, and the longevity is amazing. It hardly stains (even though I don't mind leaving a lipstick mark here or there) and that's a big plus for me.

If you tend to have dry lips, I recommend you softly scrub and nourish your lips first to get the best result when wearing it.


The MAC Von Teese is exclusively sold online on most MAC websites. Do you have yours already? Do you like it?


You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. There is nothing not to love about this lipstick! Perfect texture and colour -I think I will be saving mine for special occasions, but jeeze it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely my thought! I hope they will continue this lipstick!

      Delete
  2. I am dying to get my hands on this! I hope they release it in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard they did, but it was sold out pretty quickly. :-(

      Delete
  3. Zo, wat heeft de lipstick ver moeten reizen om bij je te komen zeg! Maar hij is echt prachtig! Ik houd sowieso van matte lipsticks en vind de koele ondertoon ook heel mooi bij je staan :). Het is dat ik net een nieuwe heb gekregen voor kerst (all fired up, ook van MAC) anders had ik hem ook wel gewild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel. Rode lippenstiften kan men nooit genoeg hebben hoor, vind ik! :-P

      Delete
  4. Not only is this shade PERFECT, but it looks perfect on you. These shots are simply stunning, and as much as i love the lipstick, i would also love for you to do a makeup tutorial sometime perhaps? Only if you ever feel like it. Because seriously, your eyebrows and winged eyeliner could not get any more spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm blushing. I am thinking of doing a tutorial, but it would be in the new year.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous shade of red! Crimson lippies that are either true red or injected with blue undertones look best on me, so I'd definitely give this one a spin, too. Off to see if there's even a sliver of a chance that it's still available on the MAC Canada website.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my country it was sold out so fast! I heard in Australia it was, too. I hope you could get a copy of it. It would look amazing on you.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images