Top 10 Must Watch Movies for Noirvember

November 03, 2015


I am a big fan of film noirs, so I am always happy when Noirvember has started again. Participating in Noirvember means watching a film noir every day ( or actually just as much as you like and whenever you like ) and by using the hashtag #noirvember on social media, you can share movie tips with others who also participate in Noirvember.

My country is shrouded in a thick mist, which has been even called dangerous and has already made a few victims on the road, and this mist really makes the perfect atmosphere for Noirvember.

I decided to share with you my ten favorite film noirs that are really a must watch.

1. Laura (1944)
"A police detective falls in love with the woman whose murder he is investigating."

2. Murder, my sweet (1944)
"After being hired to find an ex-con's former girlfriend, Philip Marlowe is drawn into a deeply complex web of mystery and deceit."

3. Don't Bother to Knock (1952)
"An airline pilot, dumped by his girlfriend, pursues a baby-sitter in his hotel...and gradually realizes she's dangerous."

4. The Postman always rings twice (1946)
"A married woman and a drifter fall in love, then plot to murder her husband... but even once the deed is done, they must live with the consequences of their actions."

5. Rebecca (1940)
"A self-conscious bride is tormented by the memory of her husband's dead first wife."

6. The woman in the window (1945)
"When a conservative middle-aged professor engages in a minor dalliance with a femme fatale, he is plunged into a nightmarish quicksand of blackmail and murder."

7. The Maltese Falcon (1941)
"A private detective takes on a case that involves him with three eccentric criminals, a gorgeous liar, and their quest for a priceless statuette."

8. Double Idemnity (1944)
"An insurance representative lets himself be talked into a murder/insurance fraud scheme that arouses an insurance investigator's suspicions."

9. The Asphalt Jungle (1950)
"A major heist goes off as planned, until bad luck and double crosses cause everything to unravel."

10. Sunset Boulevard (1950)
"A hack screenwriter writes a screenplay for a former silent-film star who has faded into Hollywood obscurity."

Are you participating in Noirvember? And do you have a favorite film noir?

 

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. I've never heard of Noirvember! I recently watched Laura and loved it. I haven't seen any of the other films on your list....guess I know what I'll be doing this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about the confusing cold of November that makes me enjoy noir as well. I've never done this challenge thing, but maybe i should someday, as vintage and ESPECIALLY 1940s noir is just so much fun for me. My top one from this list is definitely The Maltese Falcon. I remember watching that one a few years ago, just absolutely amazed at the great hair, beautiful faces and, really, the whole story in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The atmosphere in the movies is always so thrilling. The Maltese Falcon is a classic, so it had to be on this list. Well, actually, all of them!

      Delete
  3. Awesome list! It would be sooo fun to curl up on a rainy weekend and watch of these - oodles of tasty munchies and a cozy blanket or two at the ready.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I've been doing the past days!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this list, I JUST found out about Noirvember, and I needed a nice intro to Film Noir, so this is nice.

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Have fun with Noirvember!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images