My top 10 favorite old Horror Movies for Halloween

October 27, 2015


Don't you just love Halloween? Every year I get so excited; baking scary Halloween muffins and other treats, pour sinister cocktails and mocktails, burn candles instead of lamps, paste fake spiders on the wall. And all this accompanied by a very good old horror movie. Crawl on the couch with my significant other, both underneat a blanket, and play the old horror movies on a beamer screen.

Although those movies aren't by far as scary to us anymore as they were for the people back in the day when the movies were freshly released ... the movies still have a goosebump factor. They have something dark. Something secret. Something eerie and gloomy. They also had a beautiful way of lighting these horror movies, that really adds to the scary factor.

I wanted to share with you my top 10 favorite old horror movies for Halloween (in random order) that I can watch over and over every year in the week leading up to Halloween.

1. Doctor X (1932)


2. The Cat and the Canary (1936)


3. The Old Dark House (1932)


4. Freaks (1932)


5. The Raven (1935)

6. Dracula's Daughter (1936)


7. White zombie (1932)

8. The Mummy (1932)


9. The Mystery of the Wax museum (1933)


10. Mad Love (1935)

Are you going to watch scary Halloween movies, too, this upcoming Halloween?


You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. I must admit I'm not a fan of horror movies but all of these look so tempting that maybe I should give them a try. Very nice and inspirational post my dear Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be seeing them before saturday! :)

    http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic list! I wish a bunch of us vintage lovers could get together and have a movie fest this week with a bunch of these classic horror flicks.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Jessica's comment! Maybe one day... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be amazing if we can ever realize that!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images