Recap of my week | week 37

September 13, 2015

Annnnd it's time for another recap of my past week. It was a very celebrative but at times frustrating week, and again I was to be found outdoors a lot, like I usually am these past months. Wanderlust has always been a big in my life and it gets only bigger and bigger.

I made a walk amidst cows, quit coffee for the umpteenth time, had a few celebrations and ... well let's just have a look at my week!

Quite a different look than what most of you are used of me. After posting this photo, a couple of people noticed I lost a lot of weight and asked me if they needed to worry. Yes, I lost a lot of weight, but no, it's nothing to worry about. I am not ill and nor do I have an eating disorder. I am under a lot of pressure and stress lately and lost my -usually- big appetite. I am sure I'll be fine soon.

I was watching an interesting documentary about something paranormal, but Percy was challenging me to play. I could not resist ofcourse!

Well, the above quote is not for me anymore. I tried to quit coffee for the umpteenth time, and where I usually give in after a few hours or a day at the most, I can say I almost succesfully beat the caffeïne withdrawal effects - that usually are present for 3 to 4 days and my caffeïne addiction altogether. I have not given in yet.

I quit coffee because it doesn't do anything good for my health. Since a couple of years I have a high blood pressure and hormonal imbalance ánd I am prone to anxiety attacks - all of them are worsened by coffee. Plus, I drink my coffee with a dash of milk and I want to quit dairy altogether, so I decided it would be best to quit coffee, too, for good. Every morning, I now drink 2 to 3 cups of pure green tea.

The headaches are soooo bad and I miss the feeling of being totally awake after a cup of coffee but I have to remind myself that this will all pass and that I am on the road to better health.

My breakfast, consisting of Greek yogurt, blueberries, banana and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

The tuesday and wednesday were stress-y days for me and I needed to clear my head. I made an evening walk by myself in a very lovely area in my city.

Percy's fuzzy paw. I kiss them a lot.

My dear Figaro.

On thursday I packed my camera gear, some food and water and went out to explore the outskirts of my city. A small city, but so much left to explore.

Beautiful windmill scenery next to the river Ijssel - and a stork!

I cleared my head whilst sitting on the waterfront of the river Ijssel

On the 11th of september Ben and I celebrated our anniversary! Whoo!

I had a walk amidst the cows. These were young cows but compared to my tiny posture they were really huge ladies. I tried to pet a few but also made sure they did not trample me.

A quote by Sylvia Plath

Happy birthday to my one and only 'little' sister Melissa, who turned 27 on the 13th of september. Time flies! Even though I am the older sister, by only a year and a half, she was always the one who protected me against the bullies, comforted me when I was in tears, and who was always there when I needed her most. We've been through hell and back together, but we are survivors and I am proud to have her as my sister.

Many would call these kitsch, but I love them.

A part of the city wall of Zutphen. 

There's fresh fruit everywhere in Zutphen. It's so lovely.

I love mantelpieces and I found this one to be particularly lovely. I could not let it un-photographed.


You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Happiest anniversary wishes to you and Ben!!! I wish you countless more years of joy together!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images