Autumn Wardrobe Inspiration

September 30, 2015

Even though the past couple of days the sun was shining bright, you can notice all around that the days grow colder and shorter. It was a good time to weed my wardrobe of summer clothing and pack it in boxes and bring out the wardrobe that would keep me warm all through autumn.


I love to browse the web and gain inspiration for a fall wardrobe. I wanted to share my favorites with you and decided to make them into a collage.

Soft blues, cognac essentials and raspberry reds.

One of my favorite color combinations are soft blue with a raspberry. Especially for summer, but I could see this work very well for autumn aswell, since I love the combination with cognac colored essentials that I love to wear when autumn arrives. I have a matching mania, so I love to wear a beret in the color that appears somewhere else in my ensemble.

Berets always catch my fancy in autumn, and I hardly go outside without one in the autumn season. Usually I wear a black one, as it looks good with any color combined, but this year's autumn I'd really fancy me a raspberry colored beret, which, I think, would go nicely with my darkbrown hair.

When it gets colder, I love to wear high heeled oxfords and usually I always wore black ones - for the same reason as the black beret. But not too long ago I bought my first couple of cognac colored oxfords and I lóve them!

Midnight Chic

For this autumn I am all about patterned stockings. Usually I only wore seamed stockings, but because my personal style is evolving a little, I'd love to experiment with different kinds of stockings or tights. I especially tend to flock to black ones with a subtle dot. I am not really a person that loves dots on clothing, but I make an absolute exception for a dot on stockings.

In colder seasons I am drawn toward dark colors for my wardrobe and make up; oxblood lipstick is such a color that I'd love to wear on my lips. I haven't found the perfect one yet, so if you have any recommendations ... please let me know!

Modern Sixties

This look is giving me a bit of the mini-maxi style vibe that was so popular in the 1960s. Over-the-knee boots may attract the wrong kind of attention at times, but they are very handy to wear in autumn when you don't want to give up bare legs just yet. They are warm and look sophisticated.

The market tote is a big favorite of mine and I love the ones I own already ánd use all the time when I visit the market to buy me some fresh fruits and vegetables. I really like the one pictured above with its gorgeous font that reads Paris. I like the simplicity of this tote, and speaking of simplicity, did you know these totes are very DIY-friendly? When autumn shows its worst weather ... just grab a cup of hot cocoa, put on some music and make one yourself or perhaps with a bunch of friends!

Crazy Cat Lady

Cats are one of the biggest joys in my life and I make no secret of that.This dress, with its cat print, is absolutely divine and I would definitely style it with cute cat-accessories, a perfect cat eye, a beret and nude makeup. 

Another market tote in the collage; one with a quote that really speaks to me. Adventure comes in many, many forms and I think adventure is what makes life worthwhile and fun; I seek and find it in many things. Adventure keeps me sharp and free from boredom. Just as cats do, basically ;-)!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And how about you? Have you already thought about your autumn wardrobe? Or do you still want to cling onto your summer clothes? I'd love to hear!




You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. Lindsay,
    These are rather lovely choices. I like almost everything you've posted (alas, the high-boots are something I can not wear - but the rest is adorable).
    Right now, I'm still in Brusels (two more days) and I'm feeling the weather's mood. Even though the sunshine comes into the room and illuminate the entire flat, I know that it's quite cold outside. Autumn is surely here.. and I, for one, am wiling to take advantage of it (I just regret not making a better choice in footwear; I brought durable, but "light" shoes.. and at some times I do feel the cold on my feet).

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah, the European autumns can sure be chilly! Tell me about it! I hope Brussel is what you hoped it would be. It's a beautiful city, for sure. If you ever plan to visit my country (Belgium's neighbours) let me know! We'll definitely meet up, right?

      Delete
    2. You know, I do have lots of plans for EU travels.. but they are put on hold for a while - I can tell you I'm in Brussels again, from 12th to 15th of October, but on business.
      I would love to meet up. One day we surely will. :)

      Marija

      Delete
  2. I love these! Especially that first outfit - the colours are perfect! It's coming into Spring here and I'm kind of looking forward to warmer weather, but I'm also very attached to my knitwear and coats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooooo jealous, I want spring too. I like autumn, but I know that it will lead to a very, very long winter and I am so not ready for that!

      Delete
  3. Seriously lovely looks! The first and last are my very favourites - kitties, cognac hues, midnight blacks, it's all so alluring, appealing and gorgeous!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are my top favorites aswell :-D!

      Delete
  4. Wat een leuke outfits! :) Vooral het eerste en laatste jurkje. Mag ik vragen van waar je ze hebt gevonden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik heb deze plaatjes meerendeels op Polyvore en Pinterest gevonden. Ik ben zo gauw even vergeten waar het laatste jurkje van is.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images