Wednesday's Wardrobe Wishlist The Horror Story Dress

August 12, 2015


I can remember the first time I watched a horror movie! I was shockingly young, I watched it without my parents knowing it. It was Poltergeist. Suffice to say, I was scarred for life for ghosts and clowns. It took me many many years to have the guts to watch Poltergeist a second time at a more horror movie proper age.

Even though Poltergeist really haunted me, I became an avid horror movie fan, and whenever a new one is to be released I cannot wait to watch it. I love to treat myself to a horror movie evening, closing the curtains, dimming the lights - and it really adds to the atmosphere, especially with ghost movies, I can tell you!

But what has really stolen my heart, are old horror movies. Many people these days would not consider them scary anymore, but they really were back in the day. If you look at it like they did, the movies are quite freaky. I can watch my favorites such as Freaks, The Old Dark HouseDoctor X over and over again.

When I saw this newly released dress, Horror Story by Pigtails & Pirates, I knew this had to be in the second Wednesday's Wardrobe Wishlist post, and hopefully in my wardrobe soon aswell! Watching old horror movies in this dress would be amazing!

What was your first horror movie that you saw?

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Well...the Freddy Krueger 's " saga" scared the living daylights out of me when I was a young , innocent children who dreamed with pink and blond gorgeous princess ahahahah. Just frightening!!!! It changes my life !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm yes, that one was creepy aswell. Especially the song 1,2 .. Freddy's coming for you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That dress is amazing! Great print. I don't tend to watch horror movies, but I recently watched 'Psycho' for the first time and that was great! Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that one many, many years ago and not much stuck with me. I think I'll watch it again some day!

      Delete
  3. Delightful wishlist post, dear gal! I saw that dress on P&P's Instagram feed and my jaw hit the ground. It's really and truly a wishlist item for me. I'd have to save for months to be able to afford it, if I was lucky, and by then I bet it would be sold out. Still, a gal can fantasize - thankfully that's always free! :)

    Fingers crossed that you're able to add it to your closet!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I have to save for months aswell and I'm really going to and cross my fingers there'll be one available by the time I am able to afford it.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, loved the story of Poltergeist and you being scared! Horror movies are my favorites, too. My first was Evil Dead. I couldn't sleep for weeks and ended up in my sister's room every night, because I didn't dare to be alone in the dark, haha. I still think it's one of the most scary movies ever made (only the old version). I still love horror movies. Any recommendations (although chances are I've seen them already)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dead sure you've seen it: but the movie Grave Encounters was, to me, extremely scary. I am very sensitive to ghost movies, so perhaps someone else does not find it scary, but if you haven't seen it ... I recommend it.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images