Wednesday's Wardrobe Wishlist | The Bon Bon Maxi Dress

August 19, 2015

Image source: http://www.tatyana.com

From the moment I transitioned away from wearing strictly vintage outfits only, Dita became my fashion inspiration (I'm always a little late at the party), and when I heard she designed a couple of dresses and coats I made a little squeek, trampling my feet and clapping my hands. 

One of the prettiest of this collection is the Bon Bon Maxi Dress. And isn't this dress magnificent?! The Bon Bon Maxi dress is very high on my wishlist, but I am afraid that wishing for this dress is all that I can do in the near future, as my budget does not allow me to purchase it. But a girl can dream right?

The print on the dress is divine; I love the hands with typical 1930s half-moon manicure clasping the roses, and I've always loved the combination of light blue with red. The ribbon straps at the shoulders are to die for and is one of the prettiest features, I think. And oh, look at that little belt!

About the dress Dita says:“I love the sensual feel of wearing long, sleek 1930’s style dresses for any occasion. This is a combination of two of my favorite vintage dresses. The luxurious velvet ribbon straps tied neatly in bows at the shoulders is inspired from a favorite but very fragile 1930’s gown, and the fabric print is replicated from a treasured 1940’s dress from my collection. I had the idea of reworking the print with new colors, illustrated with my signature and ever-present signature half-moon manicure. It was 20 years ago that I first discovered this vintage beauty method of manicure by closely studying classic Hollywood glamour photos, and I’ve worn my nails this way ever since. It’s an obsession of mine, so I was delighted to find a way to work it into the silk print.”
Image source: http://www.tatyana.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. This dress will forever be on my wishlist too, would love to find it for a good price one day... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am crossing my fingers for the same reason haha. The dress would seriously look amazing on you!

      Delete
  2. I think I'd have to grow about a foot to look a fraction as great in that dress, but you know, I'd still slip into it right now, if you put it in my closet. It's utterly gorgeous!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a tall girl myself (1.60M) and I usually have problems with maxi dresses, but I have a very very handy mother in law, so who knows what she can fix for me, if ever I am able to buy the dress that is!

      Delete
  3. This has been on my wishlist for so long... sigh! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a stunning dress!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images