The Butterfly Swing Dress

August 03, 2015


I have this dress for quite sometime now; I bought it in the very early days of spring and never really introduced it properly to you in a blog post, apart from the recaps where you could see me wearing it.

After a ravaging and dangerous july storm (really, july had it all: heat wave, frost and storm) august brought us some better weather and Ben and I decided to have a hike in the outskirts of our amazing hometown, Zutphen, alongside the river the Ijssel - it's just one of the most beautiful spots Zutphen has and I can't get enough of it. Ofcourse I took my camera with me for some nature shots and realized I was wearing a dress that I could highlight on my blog, so I asked Ben to take a few pictures of me.

I know photographing in midday light is a no-no, so we walked towards a gigantic highway bridge that crosses over the river the Ijssel and take my picture underneath it (you can see the monstrosity reflect in my sunglasses) to reduce the harsh lighting a bit. It felt creepy standing underneath that bridge because of the cars that pass over your head with high speed.

The dress is by Hearts & Roses and is one of my favorite summer frocks. The quality is sturdy and the fabric is a slight stretchy cottonmix. What I love, is that it's só colorful because of the abstract butterfly print; it's almost like looking through a kaleidoscope. The shoulder straps of the dress are to be tied into bows, which makes the dress even more cute.


Vegan and Eco friendly shoes
The shoes I wear are my beloved  Mel shoeswhich is a playful sister of Melissa shoes, one of my favorite shoe brands. I am a big fan of the Mel brand and where I usually don't like to wear shoes with a scent, the Melissa and Mel shoes come with a really delicious one (the raspberry fragrance) and when I grab the shoes to wear them, the scent makes me so cheery.

The shoes are vegan-friendly, which is important to me. I am a vegetarian, not a vegan, but I try to contribute to an animal cruelty-free world where possible, and wearing animal friendly shoes (or clothes in general) is a big part of that.

The Mel shoes are also environmentally friendly. Just as the Melissa shoes are, the Mel shoes are made of Melflex; an eco-friendly plastic material easily recycled and disassembled.


Ben and I love to sit on the rocks at the waterside of the Ijssel and enjoy the nature all around us and ofcourse eachothers company. We usually bring something to drink, fresh fruits and selfmade sandwiches. It's so relaxing and satisfying to listen to the sound of rippling water and, at times, wave at boats passing by. I really forget the trouble of the world for a while, and I can't say it enough: I really love Zutphen. It has so much diversity: nature, history, amazing architecture, lots of antique shops and art. It's idyllic and the perfect hometown for me.

It was quite an adventure for me to move to another town, especially since I have lived in the town I was born in for almost my whole life. I wanted adventure and change in my life, a new and fresh start and moving to another town was the perfect opportunity to have all that. I have never regretted my choice of leaving my place of birth.

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

  1. Beautiful pics as usual, Lindsay! And such a stunning dress. I like your new Dita-inspired style :-)

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, soooo beautiful! I love the print on that dress, you have some really great Hearts & Roses dresses!
    Mel shoes are amazing, my favorite thing about them is how you can easily wash them off after walking around in them, they stay looking fresh and new for ages compared to all other shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harlow! I love the Mel shoes indeed, I was recently waddling through mud and these shoes are quite perfect for that, they looked as new when I cleaned them, like you said!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! That dress is gorgeous on you, I love it with your hair and sunglasses! I absolutely love my Mel/Melissa shoes too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kayla! The Melissa brand is just amazing <3

      Delete
  4. My dear gal...
    This dress suits you magnificently.. and in case I haven't mentioned it (and I'm sure I have, but no matter - good things should be repeated over and over) this hair color makes your face radiate and glow.. so, I'd say: the change did you good. :)

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm quite content with this haircolor on me. It makes me look less sick, even though blonde is my own color. Guess I'll be a brunette for quite some time!

      Delete
  5. Completely and entirely gorgeous outfit!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning outfit and location! The photos are so elegant and glamorous, you look perfectly lovely! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my city has some amazing places, and I cannot get enough of it! Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images