Recap of my week | week 32

August 09, 2015

Hey lovelies!

Today will not be a long recap post as is usually the case, for the sole stupid reason that I dropped my phone and with my phone I usually take the recap photos. The screen was crushed to smithereens. Luckily I insured my phone and the costs to have it repaired are much lower than the cost of a broken phone not insured. I get it back friday next week, and it means I am bereft of Instagram, instant connection to my email and 9Gag, boo! 

Well, not entirely true, as I still have Instagram on my tablet and laptop, though my tablet does not make the best of photos. It actually irritates me a bit that I feel so dependant on my phone, but I have a cellphone since I was 13 (a monstrosity back in those days) and you quickly get used to those things.

Yesterday I went on a little trip by myself and ended up in the forest, which was not the intention, and I felt really vulnerable without a phone. Luckily nothing scary happened and I had a lovely day photographing nature. 

I am actually, on the other hand, genuinely enjoying the fact that I am not so accesible via my phone at the moment, even though I never really use my phone as much as the people you see on the street daily. Yet, Instagram and VSCO cam are pretty addictive and are the two apps I use the most together with WhatsApp and Pinterest on my phone.

Anyway, let's see the few things I did post on my Instagram.

This week was Marilyn's death anniversary. Always a sad day. I posted this in loving memory of Marilyn, always my number 1 idol.

I saw them cuddling on the bed and thought: I don't know how a life without cats will be, but I am pretty convinced it will be an empty one. My love for my cats is endless. Look at them!

Ben and I decided to have a walk on the other side of the Ijssel and sit alongside it. The view is horrible, but the water was amazing. We were sitting under a giant old tree that gave us shelter for the harsh sun.

Crop of a photo I took. I really love going out in nature and photograph the beauty of mother nature the way I see it.

Ben and I had a lovely day on the water in Wilp-Gorssel (a tiny town near Zutphen). I love little trips on the boat!

One of my favorite side dishes ready for the oven! Ganesha's sweet potatoes. I eat this regularly because it's terrificly healthy and sooo delicious and easy to make!

Take as much sweet potatoes as you like and cut them in bite sized pieces. Envelope them in two tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon curry, 1 teaspoon turmeric, and 1 teaspoon coarse celtic sea salt. Put it in a preheated oven on 190C for 1 hour and a half. And enjoy.

You have no idea what you're missing out if you won't make it!

Le sigh.

Enough said right? Adventure is a big part of my life and not only adventure whilst travelling and seeing the world. No, adventure can be in many forms. I travel a lot, but I also methaphorically travel through life. Many changes have been made in my life recently, sometimes a step backward, which was in a way forward, and it gave me a new and fresh perspective on life. And I love it.

Yes, wearing original vintage! These are my beloved original 1940s wedges. They walk so comfortably.

I watched this movie and in a way I regretted it. I read Robyn Davidson's book many moons ago and so I knew what was coming; the death of her one and only true friend, Diggity, her dog. The way they showed it in the movie left me heartbroken and really, really ill. I couldn't stop crying and when I wanted to tell Ben (who was mending something and not watching the movie) why I was crying I started again with heavy sobs and tears. When they showed the photos of the real dog at the end of the movie, I started again.

I always react emotional on the death of an animal in a movie (or in real life) but I never had a reaction as strong as this. It may sound exaggerated and I don't know why I was reacting so heavily than I usually do, other than that it was really sad and heartbreaking. 

But please don't let my words hold you back from watching the movie. Because it's magnificent. It's a true story about a woman, Robyn Davidson, who tracks through the desert with only her dog Diggity and four camels. Mia Wasikowska plays Robyn Davidson and she does a helluva job. Read about the movie on IMDB.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. I've managed to reach 32 without a mobile 'phone (smart or otherwise) or tablet (well, of the computer sort anyway!) - an achievement I'm oddly proud of. But I can imagine how if you're used to having one it must feel odd without it - although I've seen teenagers in my town using 'phones with far worse cracked screens than that (no insurance, probably). How they can actually see anything on them is beyond me!

    Thanks for the comment on my latest blog post, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha correct, I've seen them too and usually they are students. So my guess is aswell that they don't have an insurance.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I'm very sorry about your phone. How lucky that you have insurance on it. But still - it's such a gut wrenching experience to see a treasured (and expensive) item tumble to the ground like that.

    Hopefully the rest of your month will be more positive!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I enjoy it actually. But not the money it costs me, though.

      Delete
  3. Nothing worse than that moment of dread and despair just before your phone hits the ground! I just got mine fixed again recently, oops! Those potatoes sound so delicious, I'm definitely going to have to try and make those sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've tasted them I'd love to know what you think of them! Thish dish seriously never bores me!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images