Castle Hackfort

August 06, 2015


On a whim, Ben and I decided to grab our bikes and leave in the early morning hours to destination castle Hackfort. Not an unknown place to us; Ben works there every tuesday, in addition to his new job at a museum. Castle Hackfort is such a magnificent and beautiful place and I love to come there every once in a while.

Ben often takes many fresh vegetables and fruits home from the garden of the castle after work (yes he's allowed to do so) and it means that we eat ultra fresh for most of the time - just how I like it.

The castle is beautiful, but so is its surroundings and although it's usually buzy with visitors, Ben knows a quiet place or two and that's usually where we're heading.

The bike ride was 30 kilometers or so, and it was amazing to drive through pastures and pieces of pristine and untouched nature. I love to ride my bike, though I don't do it often anymore as I have Coccydynia, which I got by heavily fracturing my tailbone two years ago, and you can feel that pain even 10 years after the accident, especially when you sit for long hours or when you ride a bike. Long bike rides are especially a hell to me due to the pain, but we bought a special bike seat for me and I was good to go. I still felt the pain in my tailbone, but much less than was the case with my original seat; you didn't hear me complain.


Outfit details
Dress: Hearts and Roses - Elsie Floral Swing Dress
Sunglasses: Repro Nocturnelle by Dita von Teese found on Ebay.
Click *here* for the original Nocturnelle sunglasses.

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Splendidly beautiful dress! I love the the cheerful colour palette and the nearly off-the-shoulder neckline. You look marvelous, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* That's so cool about the veggies from the castle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. All the colors around me always inspire me so much, so when we wanted to go to Hackfort, I just knew I had to wear this dress.

      Delete
  2. How lovely! Summer time is a great opportunity to break out the bicycles and explore, right? Your dress and sunnies perfectly compliment the scenery too. Nathan and I adore our bicycles and almost every weekend we ride across the 100 year old bridge (new to Europeans haha), to an 'older' part of Edmonton known as Old Strathcona (100 years old or so). Not a castle, but we make do with the newer Prairie heritage out here. Cheers to summer, fresh flowers (and veggies), pretty floral dresses and health and exercise. Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you describe sounds só lovely. It's one of those dreams very high on my bucketlist - visiting Canada. That really, really would be a dream come true.

      Delete
  3. *gasp* oh my word, how perfect is this adventure?? Totally brag worthy, All the colors and the dress and the photography. I'm such a fan of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I'm going to say haha: that's a huge compliment coming from you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dress, lady and photos! What a lovely day too by the sounds of it... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. More gorgeous scenery, and a stunning outfit! It really sounds like a perfect day out and about ~ just lovely. :) ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images