Things I'm loving lately | 21.07.2015

July 21, 2015

Lena Hoschek Viva Mexico
You've seen me sporting the Frida braids and flowers on a couple of photos already, and I just love the colorful fashions of Lena Hoschek's Mexican/Frida inspired collection. Perfect for summer.


Monarchy - Girls & Boys ft. Dita von Teese
I love Monarchy, and I love them even better when they team up with Dita, which they have done so in the past a couple of times already. In their new song Girls & Boys -a Blur cover- Dita shows she can sing, too.

The song is the perfect summer lullaby!


Ulyana Sergeenko
Ulyana is quite a fashion inspiration to me. Her fashions are so colorful and flamboyant, yet perfectly wearable in daily life. Ulyana's street style photos are candy to the eye and her own fashion designs are aswell. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to this talented and beautiful woman.


Syoss Keratine Hair Perfection
Many people stick to the same shampoo for years, but I am not one of them. I love to treat myself to luxurious shampoos on a daily basis, and really, it's much better for your hair to change shampoos regularly. 
These new Syoss products are among my favorites as of late. It makes my hair incredibly soft and shiny. It really rejuvenates my hair, which suffered a lot of damage when I decided on the spot to go from platina to red to dark brown.
Perhaps I am one of the few, but I love beautiful and luxe shampoo bottle designs - and Syoss knows how to make theirs. Beautiful!

Colorful Maxi Dresses
A clothing item I very much love to wear this summer are maxi dresses. Very boho, which is a style I covet a lot lately. The dress pictured below is by Dolce and Gabbana. I love to combine them with flat sandals (also portrayed by the model) and lots of bangles and loose tresses.

Strong Quotes
Beautiful words have always played a big role in my life. I'm keen on learning different languages and I love lyrics, poetry, books and pretty quotes. The one below especially appealed to me for many reasons.


Sea salt sprays
Your hair suffers a lot of damage by the sun in the summer, and especially mine with all the dying on top of it. My hair grows extremely fast and within two weeks I already have my own color coming back and my dark brown color fading.
Well, anyway, sea salt sprays are the summer must-have! They are the ultimate summer saviour for your hair, it is said, and transforms your dull locks into something glamorous. But, mind you, not all are good, as some leave stickiness. Something I don't like.
My favorites are Kerastase K Spray A Porter Tousled Effect Spray and Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray of which the first offers UV and Heat protection, and latter is very budget friendly and is infused with natural dead sea salt and sea kelp.


You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. I'm a big fan of Lean Hoschek too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried sea salt sprays, but have always been interested in them. Found a natural recipe on pinterest a while back using real ingredients and coconut oil to prevent over drying. Your thoughts on this?
    Such lovely things! southwest and mexican wear/decor is really catching my eye too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I réally want to try the natural recipe, I always have a lot of cocnut oil and such. So I'm going to look for it. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. I loved your Frieda inspired post, it made me a little sad that I cut my hair too short to do braids like that :P Also, I just want to say how much I LOVE your food posts, just been sitting here looking through all of your recipes and planning out ones that I'm going to try this week. My partner and I are new vegetarians and are working on having a good collection of vegetarian recipes to cook! We stopped eating meat about a month ago and in that time we've been mostly eating the same vegetarian meals, so going through the recipes you've posted on your blog has been exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, welcome in the vegetarian world haha! There are so many sumptuous recipes and I never missed meat for one bit.

      Did you know I have a food blog? It's called dashofnostalgia.blogspot.com with many vegetarian recipes :-D

      Delete
  4. That quote is amazing! I feel like it sums up my life so well. I don't go out of my way to find pain ever, but I've had my fair share of it come my way and it usually doesn't phase me that much any more. I've got a shield made from my scars and a heart that no amount of pain could ever harden to help see me through life.

    Wonderful post!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saddens me so much to read you have been in a lot of pain. You told me bits and the fact that you're still standing so strong on both your legs is admirable.

      You are strong and an inspiration, and usually so much pain makes a person bitter, but you are not. Not in the slightest. That's one of the things why I find you such a wonderful person.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images