Showing More Of My Creativity

July 19, 2015


"It's impossible to explain creativity. It's like asking a bird, 'How do you fly?' You just do."

I made this photo last week when I was in one of my highly creative and productive moods (which is called a hypomania by the way, and which is nothing to be ashamed of), and even though I am always, if I may say so myself, bursting with creativity almost every day, it's tenfold when I suffer a hypomanic episode. I keep creating and creating without any sleep. You feel you are on top of the world, are very energetic and whatsoever, and this can keep going on for atleast 4 days. Although it might sound tiring to your ears, these episodes are actually a very pleasurable state to be in, although when it's done, I always need to catch up on some rest.

I am not in this hypomanic episode, anymore, at the moment of writing this, but this photo was a result of that episode and I thought it would be fun to share it on my blog, as it's something I have promised myself to do more often: showing more of my creativity. It will mainly be photography, self portraits or not, people, animals or nature. Did you knew that when you want to become a better photographer, making selfportraits helps you with just that!? The awesome Phlearn phlearned (see what I did there?) me that.

On the photo, I am wearing one of my favorite turbans that I tied the way this lovely lady demonstrates with the turquoise scarf. It's very simple and so neat! I love to wear turbans in summertime, especially when I do not feel like styling my hair when there's a heat wave going on, or I love to wrap a turban around my head when I have a not-so-good hairday. Very fashionable!

My photo is slightly inspired by a photo of the amazing photographer Elizaveta Porodina, who is among my favorite photographers.

I hope you all don't mind me sharing my creativity and the results more often on this blog, though even if you díd mind, I am not going to apologize. I always say: don't éver apologize for expressing yourself. Expressing yourself through creativity is a beautiful thing not everyone has the privilege to enjoy.

Have a great week, and oh, the recap of my week will be bundled with next week's!

Stay creative ;-)!




You Might Also Like

23 Comments

  1. You did well in posting your picture, it's lovely. Indeed you are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo! Definitely keep sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's so kind of you!

      Delete
  3. Mind?
    Why would I mind?!
    In all it's glory, the image you have taken is an absolute beauty to look at and a true work of art. You, as an artist, I can see the massive progress, dear.
    And, YES - doing self-imagery does help with the learning process (nope, "selfies" don't count) :p For instance, many painters worked on their self-portraits several times in their career (dare I call an art a carrier - or is it an expression of one's self?!).. every time they paint themselves, they see how much they've grown
    Make sure to share your growth with us.
    :)

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True words spoken by you Marija! Both my father and late grandfather were painters, so I recognize what you said!

      Did you have a lovely birthday?

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes..
      It was a lovely little gathering in my NEW house.. well, to tell the truth, we've been sitting in the front yard (I really MUST take pictures, but I'm waiting for the messy building-work to be done).
      Few friends, coffee and cake. All I needed.

      Marija

      Delete
  4. Terrific image, very inspiring to see the results of your creativity! The headscarf is especially glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, such a beautiful image!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this capture and your creativity!I love arts!Well done Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are absolutely positively stunning. your face shape and skin, graceful poses and serene facial expressions are through perfection. you're always so very inspiring! (and now i'm off to read about these hypomanic episodes, thanks for sharing the link)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ... am speechless. Thank you so much, it's always a huge compliment coming from you since you have such an eye for detail.

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous picture! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Far from minding, I can't possibly encourage it highly enough. I think that so often with our blogs we unintentionally pigeonhole ourselves and only end up sharing certain sides of who we were with the world and/or barely mentioning others, even if they're ones hat are truly dear to us and which, really, we have no qualms with discussing publicly. I commend you for want to enrich our own lives, too, with your marvelous creativity and sincerely adored seeing this captivating portrait. Marvelous work, sweet dear.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, and it is indeed true. I always have a dilemma within myself what to show on the blog or what not. Creativity has always been a large part of my life and it therefore deserves a corner on my blog.

      Delete
  10. This portrait is so beautiful and elegant, I'm in love!! I would love to see more of what you come up with! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am working on a little project, so there's more to come!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images