My Summer Bucket List

June 29, 2015


For this year's summer, like every summer, I have big plans. I always get so cheery and all adventurous from deliciously warm weather, but sometimes I have so many plans that it's hard to remember whát exactly.

What I always find helpful, and cute, is a bucket list. I usually have three bucket lists going on, like, 100 things to do before I die ... or 50 things to do before I turn 30. It always makes me happy when I can cross things of my bucket list, because it means a wish, or dream, came true. I have had the privilege to see many come true.

For now, with summer arrived, I wanted to share with you my summer bucket list. Without further ado ...

Hosting a glamorous cocktail party for me and my good friends
I am actually already working on this, and I'm buzy inventing delicious cocktail recipes (alcoholic and non alcoholic) and tasty, healthy bites to go with it. Everything will be held in a glamorous and vintage atmosphere. I will post about it, too.

◦ Picnic with my significant other
I always think of picnics as something romantic. Being all hazy in the grass, looking up at a blue, blue sky in a perfect summer frock, with delicious food to nibble on and have selfmade lemonades as a refreshment. In a perfect world ... bugs wouldn't be there, too!

◦ Taste every ice cream flavor
Who can do without ice cream in a heatwave, right?

◦ Star gazing with friends
I used to do this many summers back with beloved friends. We'd just park our bicycles somewhere and lay on our backs in the grass in a forest nearby, a bit dazed by alcohol, and gaze at the stars .... contemplating if we would still be friends when we would all be consumed by our grown-up lives. The answer to that question? Many of us still are. I would love to do this more often this summer.

◦ Make home made ice cream / Make ice cream sandwiches
Pinterest gave me much inspiration what flavors to make and I am quite eager to start this.

◦ Having pizza on the grill
BBQ's will be held plenty, but I'd look forward to have a night with friends where we would just throw selfmade pizza's on the grill.

Have a water balloon fight
It's so much fun!

◦ Drink from a coconut
Tropical and so summer-y

Travel to different cities and villages
I've always loved travelling on a whim - and luckily so does my partner. I love to just grab our bikes, pack food and drinks in a rugsack for on the way, and ride to another city, have an ice cream there or go out for dinner in that particular city, have a drink on a terrace and then ride back. It's so fulfilling.

◦ Pick wildflowers
I love wildflowers and especially in a bunch of different colors. Put them in a colorful vase and they summer-ize your house in an instant!


◦ Visit a botanical garden
I have a huge thing for botanical gardens; it has something nostalgic and romantic. Perfect for a soft summer, hazy afternoon.

◦ Take a mini road trip
The perfect summer adventure, right?

◦ Make homemade lemonade
Homemade lemonade is so much better than the chemical sweetness sold at the supermarket. I want to make many flavors this summer and have them in beautiful vintage glass bottles - or mason jars.

◦ Dance in the rain
The summer usually also knows huge rainfall and these are so refreshing (and makes the air smell soooo good). When I was very little I used to dance in the rain with mom in the garden. I want to do this again!

◦ Visit the farmers market
Although farmers markets are not as big in the Netherlands as they are in the U.S., we do have them. I live in a diverse city with lots of farmers in the outskirts. Many times when I grab my bike and go for a ride on a lovely summer day I come across farmers that sell their homegrown fruits and vegetables at the side of the road, and even honey for a steal. I usually take a basket or a shopper with me, for this sole purpose. There's something so satisfactory in buying from these local farmers instead of buying it from the supermarket. You help the farmers heaps, too!


◦ Dining Al-Fresco
One of the most popular things to do in summer with many people, and it's something I want to do véry often this year. A large table, candles lit, a wind chime heard in the background and a cold, selfmade summer pasta salad on your colorful vintage plate, whilst being in good company! Ah, the good life!

◦ See lots of live music
Summer and live music are a match made in heaven. I used to go to festivals very often in summertime and it were one of the best moments in my life.

◦ Make a summer wreath and wind chime
To cheer up the house!

 ◦ Just enjoy life!
Well, enough said right?


Do you have any plans this summer? Has my bucket list inspired you? 
Let me know!


You Might Also Like

17 Comments

  1. Awesome bucket list :) This makes me miss summer so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And aw, you're experiencing winter now, I guess!?

      Delete
  2. Your list is full of perfect summery things! I'd love to do all these too and hopefully I will. Stargazing is particularly great, it's amazing that you can can see things that are so far away! X

    Www.pearlsandpurlsvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it and it makes me feel so tiny!

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely list, Lindsay! I want to do some of the things on this list as well, like the stargazing, and the cocktail party! I wish you luck getting through it!!

    Carla, TinyAngryCrafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for including my watercolor bouquet on your summer bucket list! It's available on my new website. :) http://www.trowelandpaintbrush.com/collections/prints/products/special-edition-bouquet-print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen,

      You are an amazing artist! I love your work.
      I have changed the link to your new website!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Lindsay, for the kind words and the link change! You have a lovely blog!

      Delete
  5. Super true!!! I tend to do that as well, often forgetting on a chilly March day how much the heat (which I do truly love all the same) knocks the winds out of my sails. I made a somewhat similar list post myself back in the spring, but little did I know (in fact, I didn't know at all yet) that Tony would be gone for work to the States all summer and that a lot of those plans would get altered. Not all, of course, but a fair number. No worries though, I'm still making the best of this beautiful season and am so grateful that it's upon us again.

    I hope that you get tons of stuff on your summer list done and that you have a blast in the process.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's sad, but I'm glad to read that it does not held you from making most of your plans come true!

      Delete
  6. Perfect summer bucket list! I think I'll do that 'taste every icecream flavor' as well! And if you have any recipes for the home made lemonades, I love to hear them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite lemonade recipe is this one from Oh She Glows: http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6022786

      It's healthy aswell, without any sugar! I have a few more recipes that I will share this summer!

      Delete
  7. That is a great list, my dear.
    You know - I have yet to taste the icecream this year. :) (not that I don't like it.. it's simply the fact that most of the flavours here awailable are tasting like an industrial creme.. but as soon as I find a REAL and awesome-looking one - I'l go for it)
    Dinner Al-Fresco sound amazing. I haven't hosted one yet, but I do an afternoon version of it.. Wekl, to be honest, I don't "do" much, I just place stuff on the table and let folks mingle, taste, sit around whenever.. more like a "lazy afternnon" :)

    ..
    My list features: making a new cake.
    Every year I must make a new cake for my birthday.. so, I'm on a lookout for a good recipe.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making a birthday cake is an excellent idea if you're the birthday girl in summer. Are you gonna post about it?

      Delete
  8. Absolutely perfect summer.her list!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images