Today's essentials

May 25, 2015



Usually on this blog I end the weeks with a recap of my week, but as told in my latest post: I am ill and I'm still not back on the mend. Probably because I haven't been taking some rest to recover - which I really should.

The illness started with a sore throat, which has recently been diagnosed as Laryngitis, and so it's reallllly quiet in our house, because the one talking the most (yup, me) lost her voice because of it. Just a few pathetic noises coming out. On top of this I am coughing my lungs out and suffer a nasty rash - on my face! I guess my body is really demanding me to just take some rest!!

Suffice to say that, because of all this, I haven't been taking much photos the past week. And all that I did do, was stuffing my body with superfood smoothies, painkillers and cough syrup whilst catching up on movies I wanted to see, and series such as Outlander, Penny Dreadful, Game of Thrones and ofcourse Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - yay!

I promise I will bundle the two weeks together in a recap next week and hopefully by then I am back on the mend!

I hope you all had a rad week, and Pentecost. if you'd celebrate that.

Today's Essentials
Last week Ben and I received our holiday pay (like most of the Dutch people), and I decided to finally buy my dream shoes: the Miss L-Fire Lovestruck platform pumps, which are a magnificent reproduction of the 1940s platform shoes that I covet soooo much. I have been daydreaming about these pumps for quite a while, but thought of them as a bit too pricy. When my holiday pay came it was now or never and so, beside a huge load of Von Follies lingerie ánd the Collectif Clothing Dietrich swing trench coat in navy blue, I bought the shoes. I received both shoes and coat the next day, and they were even better than expected. And comfortable, too!

All will be featured in an outfit post when the rash and Laryngitis are gone.



"Nocturnelle"
These sunglasses are my absolute favorite for this summer! They get mixed reviews: lots of people think they are absolutely amazing and others just don't understand them. But I TOTALLY love them and feel highly glamorous when wearing them. I got these sunglasses for a real steal on the Dutch equivalent of Ebay. 

Dita von Teese fans probably know the shape, because it's the Nocturnelle by Dita von Teese. Though ... mine is a repro, but hey, I just could NOT resist buying it, and look how good they look on Dita!


Have a great week, my lovely readers!



You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. oh i do hope you are well soon, though these are such lovely things, i'm sure they help.
    Have a good week yourself, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, luckily I am starting to feel much better since today!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get well soon! I love your purchases, especially those glasses. So chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I feel a lot better since today. Yeah, the glasses are sublime!

      Delete
  3. Those shoes are SO beautiful, I thought they were vintage! Looking forward to seeing them in an outfit, and your Dietrich swing coat too - I just love mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're reallly good repro's and I wanted them from the get go. Finally I got the chance!

      Delete
  4. Could those sunglasses be any more amazing? Swoon! J'adore!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realllly, reallllly love them and are by far my favorite of my sunglasses collection!

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel better today.

    I love the shoes and the glasses. Unfortunatelly I have tiny feet and the Miss L Fire shoes are too big for me :( well, as these shoes have a bridle they might stay on my feet :)

    I want to order the new Von Follies sets too, and many other things... I should have married a rich man ahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd heard they fit tiny shoes quite ok. I have tiny feet aswell, and they are comfortable!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images