Sneak peek in my week

May 04, 2015

This week I have been enjoying nature as much as I could, by strolling through Zutphen and surroundings. I really needed these walks to shift my mind from death that is hovering over 2015. 

Sadly, this week, I heard about a second passing -in two weeks time- of someone I knew álso for 27 years - someone who lived close to me for as long as I could remember. He died of a heart attack whilst sitting outside on the bench in his garden, enjoying the sun. Hours later when his wife went checking on him, he was still sitting on the bench, but he was dead.

I lost a lot of people in the end of 2014 and in the beginning of 2015. I can assure you that it does nasty things to your whole attitude towards life. But, as I always try to do, I tried to seek out the magnificent things in life and focus on those as best as I could.

Ben and I contemplated a lot about life lately, 'till deep in the night, and we especially talked about the past tumultuous year we've left behind in the hell hole we call our former home. We've been through a lot together, but we found so much support with eachother, and our love has grown only stronger. I would not know what to do without this man.

But, to keep things light on this blog ... let's see how my week was!

Yesterday, Ben and I are both geared up to do some weeding in the garden. Making it summer proof. I did a lot of weeding  -with red lipstick as you do- and I can feel it in my very bones and muscles today! I love that feeling, cause it shows that I did a lot of work and I love that. I like being buzy and I like productivity.



Ben and I enjoyed pancakes a la Gary Cooper, with fresh fruit, as breakfast.

The Dutchies celebrated Kingsday on the 27th of April. On this date it's the Kings birthday, and we celebrate that with national festivities. With that also comes orange doughnuts. I celebrated Kingsday by myself, because Ben actually had to work that day and his alarm went off at 04.00 in the morning, and he was done working at 19.00 in the evening. 

We were invited for a barbecue that evening with his collegues, but we chose not to attend it because we were both rather tired and decided to go to bed very early.

We found this lovely Tiffany's lamp in a recycle store.

I made a delicious, healthy and light salad of persimmon and blueberries. Presented to you in my Victorian Wedgwood bowl.

Always a big fan of books about old Hollywood, I could not wait to start in this book about Myrna Loy. Myrna is not only a talented actress, but according the book, she was also a lovely person. The book has my recommendation!

The lighting that day makes this asparagus tart look like a weird piece of food, but it's so darn good and so simple to make. Not time consuming at all, which was exactly what I needed as I had a long, long day that drained me of all energy. You can find the recipe *here*

This is the way I wear my hair the most lately. I try to do as little as possible with my hair to let it recover a bit. Yet I want to wear my hair in a sophisticated way, and this simple chignon does the job.

Making Spaghetti with oven roasted tomatoes and vegetarian "chicken". The pieces of fake chicken are made of soya, and really quite delicious!

I needed some relaxation, so I enjoyed a N/A Chardonnay by candlelight. In a champagne glass.

Outfit essentials! The flats are by Melissa+Jason Wu and I am smitten with them. I saw them on Dita von Teese's feet (1&2) and I thought they were really, really cute. I was in dire need of a new pair of flats, and I had to have these Melissa flats. I found them on a Dutch website. As is known of Melissa shoes, they come with a scent! So, everywhere I go with these shoes, I smell like a bursted bubblegum factory. 


You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss of another dear friend, it's never easy but I'm glad you're trying to focus on the good. Best wishes xxx
    Www.pearlsandpurlsvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being 'all buzzy and productive' as well. My week as been looking like that already. Isn't it wonderful to feel motivated and get things done?! I'm happy for you. and gosh darn if that first picture isn't the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Lindsay, I'm truly, deeply sorry that you lost another person in your life. I can just imagine how heavy your heart must feel right now. With all of mine, I hope that you do not receive word of anyone else you care about passing for a very long time to come.

    Gentle hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Jessica!

      Delete
  4. My dear friend, another loss? I'm so sorry. Last year and this year (like last week), I also lost so many dear people. Like you, 2014 for me was... a hell (to be honest). Although this year brought me big challenges I find it a better year. It's so important to have the right person by your side. Ben seems a lovely man and I'm so glad you are together, growing together and celebrating each small victory in your lives together. I believe this year is very like a new start/level with much more hope and achievements for both of us.

    I always get dizzy with your stunning beauty! You were born to be a diva :)
    And always feel like having a bite on your delicious foods also, hehe :o)

    Beta xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely heart, I am so sorry to hear about the many losses you have to endure. It hurts so bad, doesn't it? The year 2015 is counting too many losses I am not sure how to deal with it.

      But, you are an example to me. You are so amazingly strong!
      Hang tough!

      xxx

      Delete
    2. oh... Lindsay... I luv you! Hang tough too dear gal <3 :-)

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images