Recap of my week | week 21&22

May 31, 2015

Fiiinally I am getting back on the mend. In my previous posts I told you I was struck down by Laryngitis - and I even suffered problems with my lungs. I could hardly breathe and my asthma medication stopped working. That didn't surprised me, because I am a lung patient and whenever I'm ill it also effects my lungs immediately. Right now, I feel much better having my voice back and also room to breathe. It's terrifying when you're not able to breathe fully!

I hope you all had a fantastic week, I know I had even though I was mostly staying in. Boredom is something unknown to me, so it didn't bother me much. I always know how to keep myself buzy and entertained, so I've got that going for me!

Anyway, let's see what I did!


Hi! I was walking to the hairdresser for a touch up of hair color (this is befóre I got the touch up). It was much needed.

Ben and I found the pérfect dining table chairs. They are so romantic! The color is quite yellow-ish on the photo, but the actual color is more beige. Ofcourse when we have something new, our cat Figaro needs to occupy it immediately.



I am so much in love with them - as much as you can be in love with chairs that is.

I am a big fan of smoothies and ofcourse espécially superfood smoothies. I got this little booklet with recipes as a gift. Happy me!


Whenever I need to travel early, this always goes with me in my bag! Starbucks Frappucino! 

We live in the middle of the city, so there's a lot of light even at night. This makes it that I have trouble with sleeping -despite having the thickest and darkest curtains- and to fight that, I am now sleeping with a sleepmask. Oh_my_goodness, I can finally sleep a whole night peacefully! The sleepmask is from the lingerie brand Playful Promises. Do have a look at their website, as they have lots of vintage inspired lingerie. I'm a fan!

Time for a drink (and a half moon manicure). I don't drink any alcohol, so in my paws you see a dealcoholized Chardonnay.

This month we got our holiday pay and I realllly wanted to spend most of it on Von Follies lingerie, which, as you can see above, I did. I payed a lot of money but it's so worth it. Above pictured are the sets Fanfare & Raffine. It's so dreamy.

Our cat has the weird habit to do his big things on the litterbox exactly at the moment when I'm cooking. The idea throws me off to say the least, and to hide the litterbox we decided to buy this little cabinet, which is especially designed for it. The cat loves his privacy and I like being able to cook without seeing my cat do his big thing on the litterbox. You can buy it on the Dutch site Zooplus.nl
  
I was organizing my lingerie cabinet and ... d'you think I might need therapy for my Von Follies addiction?!

Superfood breakfast consisting of Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, cacao nibs, sea buckthorn berries, and maca powder. Energizing!

My daily walk is usually alongside these beautiful old houses. It never bores me to walk by them and imagining the tales they might have to tell. It's a huge street with many -and only- houses such as these pictured above.

What a door! Despite its pretty colors, it still scares me a little. But that's perhaps because the house is vacant and abandoned.

Zutphen, my hometown, is full of history. Pictured above is a bullet hole dating back to WWII. The whole wall is full of them.

Have a nice week!

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Hi darling Figaro, pet lover that I am I always adore it when you pop up in your "mommy's" posts here! :)

    That is really interesting about the bullet holes from WW2. So much of Europe, as you know of course, was rebuilt after the war. I didn't know that you could still find such signs of brutal battle in plain site (in none-designated historical memorial areas at least) still. Thank you for sharing that very important piece of history with us.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my country there are quite a few places that still show the damage done in WWII (and not only by the Germans). It shows us that it hasn't been that far in history but actually quite still present amongst us.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that you are finally feeling better and you can get back in to the swing of things. Your lingerie collection is lust worthy. That's one area (perhaps the only area) of my wardrobe that is barren.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images