Recap of my week | Week 20

May 17, 2015

Hey there lovely people!

Because I am not feeling well, and am most of the time bedridden with a painful, sore throat and a thumping headache, I don't have much things interesting to share. For the sake of this post I managed to snap some photos, of which most are food photos. Even though I might feel sick as a dog, I hate to vegetate in my bed at daytime, and I get a sudden urge to be buzy. Really! Whenever I feel sick I barely grab the much needed rest and I actually start to clean the house or bake outrageous things. I guess to clamor down sickness, which is ofcourse never a good thing. But really, laying in bed is just not my thing.

However, let's see what my week looked like!
You had a good week, by the way? I hope you had, and if not ... big hugs to you!

I thought it was time to do another outfit post and this was my outfit. You can find the post here.

Our kitchen is white, and to me looked a bit bland. I know for a fact that greenery livens it up, and I bought a basil tree to fulfill that job. Hitting two birds with one stone, because I love to use fresh herbs in most things I cook.  The smell of basil is AH-MA-ZING! Whenever I step into my kitchen, and close my eyes, I am thrown instantly to the Mediterranean. I love it, especially when a soft evening sun falls through the windows aswell, and we have the doors open. Bliss!

My breakfast! Vegan overnight oats. Ahh, so delicious and a real treat to look forward to when I wake up. Especially since you make overnight oats the night before and you just have to get it out of the fridge the next morning and all you have to do is add some fresh fruit or other topping. 

Like the quote says, right!? It's particularly true with my Madame X set by Dita von Teese. One of my favorites of the collection.

Another breakfast picture: Greek yoghurt with Granola! 

Annnnd yet another breakfast picture. Ofcourse my breakfast of another day in the week.
Pictured is a delicious oven roasted tomato and fresh herb omelette. YU-MMY.

My sweet baby Figaro on my lap. As usual.

Or he's cuddling himself on the floor.

I am probably not the only one it happens to: wanting to go to bed so badly and then ... your computer has a gazillion updates. Well, 39 in my case above, but I've had 205 once, after a long night of work on my laptop. Suffice to say I almost opened my window ... to throw it out, you know!

Not breakfast, but part of our dinner. Caramelized onion, apple and blue cheese naan pizza. You can find the recipe here.


Figaro flexing his muscles ;-)! He's cute and he knows it ;-)

I also baked these cute mice cookies. They're Dita von Teese's Spiced Mice cookies of which I will share the recipe on the blog soon!

Having my daily walk and stumbled upon this cute family.

... and this friendly lady who wanted cuddles, cuddles and more cuddles.

These Spanish ruins just ooze history. Too bad people need to ruin the ruins with graffiti.

Have a great start of the week, y'all!

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Oh my word, could Figaro be any cuter? I really don't think so! :)

    I'm very sorry to hear that you're feeling so ill, honey. My thoughts and healing wishes are traveling out across the miles to try to speed your recovery.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the food you cook always looks so delicious - and healthy! Hope you feel better soon so that you can enjoy the beautiful spring, you live in such a gorgeous part of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always say that the Netherlands isn't that gorgeous, because we strive so much for modernity, so a lot is taken down. But we have quite a lot of history left and that is, ofcourse, wonderful.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images