Channeling my inner Audrey Hepburn

May 15, 2015


Despite not feeling really well (for a change, *cough* sarcasm *cough*) I was craving a long walk with my man, Ben, in our beautiful hometown, Zutphen. The weather was a bit dreary -even cold to spring season standards-, but we held our hopes high that the sun might show itself later that day. It's spring after all, right!?

Now, luckily, the sun did come out, and off we went. I thought it was a good idea to combine this hike with some outfit photos for you, readers, to show you my new accessory to go for this spring and summer. You probably guessed it: the headscarf!

I am so totally ready for a ride in a 1956 Cadillac convertible! Driving with my man through the meadows on our way to the beach! Well, you get the picture!


Inspired by ...
Although the title mentions Audrey Hepburn, who, just like Grace Kelly by the way, rocks the headscarf like nobody's business, my outfit was in fact inspired by none other than Dita von Teese - who occupies quite a dominant space on my blog these days. You can say I'm a little late at the Dita party, but she is a large source for outfit inspiration to me these days, now that I strayed from my extreme vintage-ness. And, we're not there yet. Bear with me a little!

The outfit of Dita that inspired me

Animal prints ...
Even though animal prints are usually not for me, I sometimes go with small details, like a purse for instance. Or a scarf. Or, in this case ... both. Somehow I do not sport animal prints really well, but I think I quite nailed it this time, if I say so myself! It made me feel glamorous and sophisticated, instead of trailer trash-y, like is usually the case when I wear animal prints. Don't get me wrong, on others it looks great but on me ... not so much.


Headscarf: thrifted
Dress: Hellbunny
Shoes: Mel Dreamed Pop Bow 3 black
Purse: thrift
Sunglasses: Topvintage.nl


I want to wish you all a wonderful, wonderful weekend! 

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

  1. Applause!
    You deserve it (since your channeling was a great success).

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon! What a chic, glamorous, completely pretty ensemble - with just the right touch of vixen-y allure.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, wonderful lady! Great compliment coming from you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, perfection. I love this Outfit. You are really tempting me to buy this dress, I had so hoped that it would be a vintage one, so I wouldn't stand a chance of getting my hands on it. ;-)
    But now...oh my poor self-control is ruining me.
    love, ette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great dress, and available in this beautiful color ... but also in black and baby blue. All equally gorgeous!!

      Delete
  4. Great outfit, just the right amount of animal print. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit SOOO much!!! The leopard accessories are just perfect! I was surprised to read that this is a Hell Bunny dress - I instantly assumed it was vintage :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks dear gal! It is indeed one of the better repro's out there. They did a fine job!

      Delete
  6. Oh, you are such a doll darling Lindsay. You have a fine taste, I tell you. You look equally gorgeous with cat eyes sunglasses like with round ones. I'm delighted with your pretty shoes, I really love them. And your hair style has those amazing curves! :-) luv it!

    Have a nice weekend beautiful lady! <3

    Beta xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much my sweet friend! The curves in my hair requires rollers, as my natural hair is very straight! But it's worth it right!?

      Delete
  7. A very classy outfit, the way you wear the scarf is so timeless and elegant! X

    Www.pearlsandpurlsvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so, Hayley Ann!

      Delete
  8. Oh my lands! i don't want it to be lost, but wow dear, you're stunning (as always) but these pictures and style and smile and vibes just feel good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so stunning and I love this outfit! I adore Hell Bunny's 40's style dresses x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images