Summer-y things I'm loving

April 27, 2015


I thought it was time to share another round of the things I love. After a rather rough week it's time for some nice and positive things to keep the ratio in perspective. Positivity trumps all, am I right?

To unwind, I usually think of things I look forward to, and one of those things is summer. But don't we all, with an exception here and there? I know I do for sure!

Even though we have just stepped into spring, I am slowly preparing body and mind towards summer. Due to a rough time last year, I was hardly able to enjoy the summer of 2014 as much as I would've liked.

So, I promised myself that this year I am going to celebrate the sun (+ positivity) big time. And that asks for some preparation! Ofcourse also because I am one of the pale people army, and who will do anything to avoid a tan! It's just not my thing - and even if it were, due to my paleness, I have never been able to tan. You see, I always end up looking like a freshly cooked lobster.


Outdoor Yoga
Yoga isn't something I am just loving lately, but of which I am actually a fan of for quite sometime already. I am not a big exercising fan, and you will not find me in the gym anywhere anytime soon. However, I do fancy Yoga and Pilates, and it is these two that have helped me with many a thing. For one: I am asthmatic and after doing some Yoga, I feel I can breathe deeply more than usual. I also see sharper -my senses in general are fully functioning after a Yoga session-, my body feels supple and relaxed.

But, what I want to introduce in my Yoga schedule more, is outdoor Yoga, and very early in the morning at that. Zutphen has plentiful beautiful quiet spots where I can exercise it and I can hardly wait 'till the summer mornings are soft and warm enough to start with outdoor Yoga.


Dita von Teese eyewear
I am so sorry if you are growing tired of my obvious fangirling over Dita, but she is my fashion inspiration since I have stepped away from my extreme vintage-ness. Not too long ago I read about her eyewear collection and loved it from the moment I saw the sunglasses. Where I usually wear the round sunglass shapes en vogue in the 1930s, I instantly knew I really wanted to have cat eye sunglasses for the summer of 2015. So glamorous! The Dita von Teese eyewear sunglasses are a bit above my budget, so I went on the hunt for a pair that looked like one of the sunglasses from the Dita von Teese eyewear collection, and I am happy to say that I found a pair. More about that later!


Palmer's hair food formula
I must admit that, like many of us who have bought this, I was misled a little. I thought it was a conditioner, but it actually isn't. If you don't know how to use this substance, it can turn out dramatically, where you walk around with greasy scalp and hair for days.

But if you use it the way it should be used, it feeds you hair magnificently, and really nourishes it. My hair suffers a lot of coloring damage that I am still trying to restore as best as I can. Palmer's hair food formula is magic stuff that really does what it promises. That means, if you use it the correct way!

Use this on a clean head! If you washed your hair a day before you want to use this, then give it a quick shampoo rinse. Palmer's hair food formula works best on hair that is 70% towel dried. Grab a bit of substance and massage it into your scalp and the locks of your hair. Use a wide tooth comb to even it out. Wrap a shower cap around your head and leave it in for 3 to 20 minutes. Don't leave it in longer than 20 minutes. Rinse it out with cold(!) water. If you use warm water, the stuff will spread everywhere and it will not be rinsed out properly.

Palmer's hair food formula is great for people who tend to have frizzy, or damaged hair, and works really well for people with curls aswell.

I want to give my hair the best possible care, especially now that summer comes, and I am definitely going to add this to my haircare routine. It smells so delicious by the way!
Melissa + Vivienne Westwood jelly shoes
Oh, these are só adorable! They are made of recycled plastic and are hypoallergenic. I have been thinking of buying a pair of my own, although I can't quite afford it at the moment. They are sure really cute! They are from the brand Melissa and are designed by Vivienne Westwood.


Von Follies Madison Avenue by Dita von Teese
As is known, I am a big fan of the Von Follies lingerie by Dita von Teese, and I am already having quite the collection. However, there is always room for more ... lingerie addict that I am.

Dita recently launched her spring/summer 2015 collection and when I saw the Madison Avenue, I just knew I háve to have it.

Philosophy 'Here comes the sun'
I lóve Philosophy products, but then, who doesn't!? The whole year round I wield with sunscreen; it's just one of the things you simply have to do if you want to fight aging, and especially when you're pale like me.

I dislike sticky sunscreens, so normally I mix them with my day cream to have a smoother substance that spreads out easier. The Philosophy sunscreen is non-greasy - which is a big plus-, it's oil free and it absorbs quickly. It also has advanced solar filters to provide even protection. The anti-oxidant enhances skin cellular and defense to help to help prevent the signs of aging. Shop your own Philosophy Here Comes The Sun Age-Defense Water-Resistant SPF 30.


Garnier Micellar Cleaning Water
I have been searching for the perfect cleanser for ages and never really found a good one for my sensitive skin. Garnier Micellar cleansing water is still quite new, it came out this year, and I heard many a good thing about it. I simply had to try it and when I saw it at a local drugstore I immediately bought it. It rose above all my expectations; it truly did what it promised and my skin reacts really great to it. I always want to remove my makeup as gently as possible, especially around the eyes and lips, and Garnier Micellar cleansing water makes this possible! It feels really refreshing, and I think that will certainly be the case in summer!

Avène Thermal Spring Water
This is soooo soothening! I had a bottle with me last summer everywhere I went. On a hot summer day it's refreshing to occasionally spray a mist of Avène thermal spring water in your face and it's especially useful and soothening when you have a sunburn. Avène Thermal Spring Water can be used for many more purposes, hence I always have a bottle at home and in my handbag when I leave the house. Avène Thermal Spring Water restores, soothes and softens the sensitive skin.

*****
Do you look forward to summer, too?

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Positive thinking/attitude serious trumps everything else!!! It's been one of my biggest saving graces through every last curve ball and challenge that life has thrown me.

    Great list! Those jelly shoes are to die for! I've been swooning over them for a long time now, too. f I were to strike it rich, I'd buy every colour and style of Melissa jelly shoes that they in stock. I hope you're able to get a pair, dear gal! I'll live out my own dreams of them vicariously through you, if you do. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today I have bought Melissa flats, as they were on discount. I couldn't just not buy them! Someday I hopefully have a pair of the Melissa + Vivienne Westwood ones aswell.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images