Sneak peek in my week

April 05, 2015

Finally spring has been breaking through, which came godsent on this beautiful Easter day, and I must say that I had a rather enjoyable and active week. A month ago, or so, I was invited by an acquaintance of mine to appear on his liberation event in a small town in the Netherlands called Delden, which was completely transformed back to 1945. Ben and I went on saturday and I was actually hoping for a soft spring weather, but the sad truth was: it was really cold! The event was really nice, however, and many people made a little chat with me and Ben to tell us that we really looked like we were transported from 1945 to the modern day, and that I was the only girl who had it right with the seamed stockings. I always say that a good vintage outfit is in the details! My picture has been taken an aweful lot, and Ben and I are also interviewed for Tubantia - a newspaper.


Today, spring was really making its presence known and that was screaming for a really long walk with the dog, and so we went to have a stroll at the outskirts of Zutphen along the river the Ijssel. I am not exaggerating when I say that Zutphen is one of the most beautiful cities my country has; it's so diverse! It has history, diverse nature, beautiful architecture and very lovely people. Zutphen is actually also the capital city for Anthroposophy and this philosophy, the way of thinking, is also what makes me feel very much at home in Zutphen.

Let's see what my week looked like!

I have been looking for the perfect sheer black lace blouse for ages, and it didn't really help that I am very picky if it comes to sheer lace blouses. This blouse is perfect for showing the Von Follies line by Dita von Teese in a tasteful way, which I showed above. I am wearing the Her Sexellency overwire bra, which will be reviewed on my blog soon. It's one of my favorite bra's. I just love it.

I combined the blouse with a black skirt and t-strap heels. They are not originally vintage, but lovely nonetheless. The heels are rather high and thin, which makes them uncomfortable to walk in in Zutphen, since most of the city has been layed with cobblestones.

The sun was finally coming through, so I opened all the windows and let fresh air blow in. I just love to spend my time reading, sitting in our broad window sills. When I took this picture, I had a purring cat next to me, a book in my left hand, a cocktail next to me, and my boyfriend playing a hazy tune on his accoustic guitar. It was then that I decided that I am really starting to love the life I am living, and that I am heading in the direction I worked so hard for the past years.

Figaro loves the broad window sills aswell!

My outfit for the event in Delden! A late 1930s dress that a friend gifted me, and a 1940s hat. I really need to replace the feather, though!

At the event in Delden there was also an area for the folks of Keep them rolling, and Ben and I decided to have a look and hopefully catch some of my friends. We were on time to see the lovely Memphis Belle from England perform. That woman has a voice, unbelievable! It was really cold, so we decided to sit in the Liberty Canteen for a while with a steaming hot coffee and to let our feet rest - well, to let my feet rest since I was walking on not so comfortable but beautiful 1940s court shoes.

After a few more hours in the windy town Delden, we were craving some hot cocoa and tea and a delicious old-fashioned lunch. We ordered gypsy toast (in the Netherlands known as Wentelteefjes). It was réally good. I mean réally, réally good.

On our way home, at the trainstation, we came across this "art" display. Not my thing, really, cause you know ... dead birds hanging. But it displays the Dutch famine of 1944.

Today, at Easter day, the weather was so nice and, as I said above, it was really calling for a long, long walk with Ella. She enjoyed it so much and it really looked as if she were smiling the whole time. She was so happy. Ella's breed is a hunting breed (the Cocker spaniël) and she was constantly chasing the geese, ducks and rabbits. Even when the geese and ducks flew away up into the air, she was still chasing them a long time.

Unlike my former dog Kimbo, a Jack russel terrier, Ella lóves water. Here she's posing in her hunting dog pose. Gorgeous girl she is.

Ella is tired after a walk of 4 hours in the outskirts of Zutphen. I was tired, too, by the way.

Lover of Old Hollywood biographies, I couldn't wait to start in this one about the controversial Tallulah Bankhead, and today I finally could. It's a very well-researched book, which is more about her work as an artist, an actress, rather than her wild life she's known for!


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!


You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  1. That 1940s hat is fantastic! I love it's wide brimmed fedora-ish style. That's a look I'm really finding myself drawn to this year.

    Wishing you an awesome week!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I once found it in a chickenshed filled to the brim with antiques - from clothes, to furniture, toys, etc, etc.

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I LOVE your "sneek peek in my week" posts!

    Even though I don't know you personally, these posts with all these lovely pictures and stories always light up my day! :-)

    By the way, I still haven't smelled "Fleurteese" yet, but I saw that Dita's perfumes were all on sale at the perfumery I always go!! I really have to check them out some time soon and maybe get one of my own..

    Lots of love,
    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Thanks a lot! Do check fleurteese out, because it's swell!

      Delete
  3. I am in love with the lace top - what brand is it?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images