Invited for the blog party!

April 14, 2015


Marija, from Purple Pinky Honey, was ever so kind to invite me for the blog party that is going viral in blogger land at this moment. I decided to jump the bandwagon and participate.

The idea is, that you answer to a list of questions presented as truthfully as possible.

Here we go!

1. Tell me about something you love and why?
I love a lot of things actually, so it was hard to grab just one thing from my ever expanding list, but I think I will go with cooking for now. I don't know exactly what it is, but it relaxes me completely - even when there are several egg timers ringing, and boiling water is cooking over, whatsoever. I love to work with beautiful and fresh, organic ingrediënts, and I made it a (I admit luxurious) habit to cook something new everyday. I love eating, too, so that's another reason why I love to cook and bake, and it also makes me cheerful when I see my boyfriend smile and hear him say: You did it again, Lin, it's as if I'm eating in a restaurant again.

2. What is one thing you do that makes you feel like "I could do this forever"?
Cuddle with my animals and in particular my cat -a real teddybear- Figaro.

3. What do you love about yourself?
My strength and creativity, and I think these two go hand in hand in my case. I have the strength to never give up in tough situations and my creativity has helped with that a lot.

4. What advice would you give to someone who doesn't believe he/she is beautiful?
Well, it may sound like a cliché, but I would say that it is the inside that counts. And with that I mean, that if you feel good about yourself and think of yourself as beautiful and unique, you are beautiful! A smile on a carefree face is one of the most beautiful things there is. Learn to love the unique features you have, and don't pay too much attention to the beauty standards. They will go by and shift to some other unattainable beauty standard within no time.

5. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received about confidence?
People notice it when you are feeling insecure, and an aweful lot of times people act mean, and take advantage of you if you feel very low about yourself. I don't know what it is, but it's almost as if people can smell from afar that you are insecure. I was told to act confident, and when acting confident people will treat you differently. It's not easy to act this way when you actually feel deadly insecure, but if you want to achieve a confident attitude, you have to change your whole mindset for this, because it's our body language that more often than not betrays us within the blink of an eye (no pun intended).

I was adviced to read the book The Charisma Myth, and I can honestly tell you that it was one of my best reads in 2014. It's a well researched book, and it learned me so many valuable lessons! If you truly follow all the exercises in the book you'll notice a huge difference soon enough! It comes with my highest recommendation.

6. If you were your own daughter/son, what important things would you tell yourself/them?
Keep believing in yourself. Do not believe the lies and pretty talk, and follow your own course and intuition.

7. A verse, poem, sonnet, ancient-old proverb that inspires you to love yourself and others?
"Each contact with a human being is so rare, so precious, one should preserve it" - Anaïs Nin

The ladies I tag for this party are:
Emily from Miss Black
Birthe from Miss B's Vintage Wardrobe
Erin from Lee Leander


You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. I love your answers! I think I'm finally nearing the point of being able to be relaxed when I'm cooking too. I used to get really stressed about it because I am kind of an anxious perfectionist, but now that I have more experience I am really coming to love the whole process.
    Thank you for tagging me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am a perfectionist, too, so it took me a while aswell!

      Delete
  2. Ooh.. wonderful answers & insight my dear! (I also adore your cooking..virtually of course hehe) Thank you so much for tagging me! I shall think of my answers and post very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin, I loved your answers, too!

      Delete
  3. What lovely answers, dear Lindsay. I adore cooking and find it to be extremely soothing, too. I can walk into the kitchen upset, hurt, sad, worried, etc and often leave, meal in hand, with a smile on my face and a renewed sense of clarity and happiness in my heart.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I always feel the exact same thing!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your precious answers Lindsay! :-)
    I believe you inspire many people (like me) and what you write about yourself can help many people to find ways to keep on going. You beautiful bright star!

    Hug from Beta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your utterly sweet words, Beta! You are such a lovely person.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images