Her Sexellency

April 15, 2015

Yours truly modelling the Her Sexellency bra
© Misslindsaylane.net


© Opinions given below are my own.

I had this review on my planner for quite a while, but I somehow never really got to it. I have been enjoying this tremendous piece of lingerie for a couple of weeks now, and enjoy it I do.

The Von Follies line is made by the glamorous Dita von Teese, a true inspiration to me, and all of her pieces are inspired by her own vintage lingerie wardrobe.

"Every one of my products—my lingerie, my perfume, and everything that I do beauty-related with regard to building my burlesque shows—is just me. And I'm really into the motto: I can do it, you can do it. It's not magic, you just have to have the ambition, patience, and desire to create it yourself." - Dita von Teese


I am definitely not much into celeb products at all, but this is an entirely different case with Dita, since she's so very much involved in all the things she sticks her name to. I love that entrepreneurial attitude, which I have myself aswell, and the lingerie really shows that she is indeed involved in all of her products. I think it is admirable, and it shows that she knows what she stands for. I like that.

"For this collection, I wanted to bring together fit, function, and affordability with touches of glamour and retro style." - Dita von Teese

The Von Follies line is not extremely pricey, but is rather difficult to get your paws on if you live in my country, the Netherlands -hence I'm a little late at the Von Follies party- and if you can get your paws on the collection, it's usually limited choice.

The overwire bra was a very popular bra shape in 1950s, and it was introduced by the New Look.

Lingerie Meant To Be Seen
The Her Sexellency overwire bra is a good example of lingerie that can be glamorously seen peeking through a sheer black lace blouse (which I demonstrate in *this* post) or peeking out of a low cut dress, like Dita demonstrates in the photo below.


"There are definitely a lot of pieces in the collection that I think you could definitely wear underneath a sheer blouse or with the top peeking out of a suit. I've always loved little hints of what's underneath, without showing too much. It's a way of being seductive but elegant at the same time. - Dita von Teese


I love to pair the Her Sexellency overwire bra with Dita's fragrance Dita Von Teese Erotique, a sheer black lace blouse and a vintage pearl necklace.


The details of this bra are amazing. I love the double bow, and the lace covering the overwire.


Gorgeous floral lace and satin fabric.


The adjustable straps are removable, and thus makes this bra a perfect asset for strapless dresses.


I never owned an overwire bra before and, even though I really wanted to have this piece in my collection, I was a bit reluctant to purchase it and I was unsure how the fit would be. My worries turned out to be absolutely unnecessary: the fit is perfect and the bra is very comfortable and firm. The bra has molded cups and quilted channel stitching to emphasize the breast shape.


The Her Sexellency is a great addition to my lingerie collection and is definitely one of my favorite bra's of the Von Follies line. Do you own the Her Sexellency bra, too, and if so, what do you think of it?

The Her Sexellency bra is available in band sizes 32-36, with cup size B-C.

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Totally in love with this bra! And you look so great with it!
    I've been searching on internet for a while because I'm looking for a place in Belgium to get them but I haven't found anything yet...

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try your luck at lingerie-heaven.nl, as they have a couple of Von Follies pieces! I usually buy mine from the German Ebay!

      Thanks a lot for your kind words!!

      Delete
  2. At first, it looked rather strange and gloomy. Simply because I'm not able to understand it's shape. More I look at it - more wonderful it looks. 💕
    You, my lucky friend.. you are flaunting it amazingly! Looking great. 😊

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like things different and this bra fits the bill for sure. So I can understand a little what you mean :-)

      Delete
  3. Lindsay, my darling gal, you look fabulous! I LOVE your hair!

    About this gorgeous bra I've got to say that I almost purchase it some time ago, but I felt that I shouldn't (because wasn't a priority in the moment for my tiny budget). I adore vintage wired strapless bras from where this one was inspired. So, when I saw Dita's one I new I would love to have it. I love it's shape, which is unusual and female shape faltering. I absolutely love it! I don't know whom designed it for the first time but I think is a genius.

    You look beautiful! I love the way your skin glows like a porcelain doll, what a beautiful glow in this photo. <3 <3 <3

    Beta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear friend! Whenever you get the chance to by Her Sexellency, you sure must do so! It's so lovely! xxx

      Delete
  4. you're a stunner!What a beautiful young classy lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awefully kind my dear! <3

      Delete
  5. This bra is amazing, I dont know which word is good to describe how much I like it... and your hair perfection.
    I wanted to buy this bra long time ago, but I was always a little worry to order it because of size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, miss! The bra is complete excellence, it's really lovely and if you ever get the chance to buy it, do so!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images