Recipe: Raspberry, Brie & Candied Almond Pizza

March 21, 2015


Yesterday it was officially spring and I thought of that as a reason to have a little celebration. I absolutely love spring; the world is enveloping itself in different shades of green, baby animals being born, flower buds opening up, and happy birds twittering all around you. The world is starting anew.

Fact was, sadly, that on the day spring officially arrived, it was pouring with rain in Zutphen, and I spent most of my time reading the volume 1 diary of Anaïs Nin, next to a fire burning, and with a steaming cup of tea in my hand. However, I did not let the rain spoil the fun and made a delicious pizza with summer fruit: velvety raspberries. I am a big fan of fruit pizza's (my favorite being the blueberry/goat cheese pizza) and thought this was a great way to celebrate spring.

At first you'd think this combination of ingrediënts odd on a pizza, and I even got a remark on my Instagram when I posted a picture of it, that it is such a curious combination. I can ensure you, you will not regret it one single moment that you made this, as soon as you take your first bite. It's a big hit in casa Lane, and this recipe is added to my list of favorite easy DIY pizza's. I'm a big pizza lover, you know.

I always cheat a little because I rarely make my own pizza crust; I love baking, cooking and what have you, but I don't like working with pastry. I can work with it, but I just don't like it a lot unless I have a lot of time. As a solution I always use naanbread as a pizza crust, and it works wonderfully.

Ingredients serves 2

  • 2 naanbreads
  • 1 box of raspberries
  • brie, thinly sliced
  • handful candied almonds
  • honey for drizzle
  • olive oil
  • freshly chopped rosemary
  • raspberry jam


Preheat the oven at 230C.

Brush the naanbreads with a little olive oil.

Add the thinly sliced brie to the naanbreads and drop little bits of raspberry jam between it.

Add the raspberries and rosemary

Put the naanbreads in the oven for 10 minutes

When done, drizzle with honey and add the candied almonds

Enjoy!

© Recipe inspired by http://www.completelydelicious.com/





You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Oh my word, this looks amazing!!! Other than that I would switch out the brie (it's never been amongst my favourite cheeses, oodly, as I like a wide range of them in general) and that it has to be GF, I'm going to reproduce this pronto as soon as the first new season raspberries hit the markets here. Yum! Thank you for another stellar recipe, dear gal. If you ever put out a cookbook, I'm going to be one of your first customers for it! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this will do very well with goat's cheese when you replace the brie. It's for sure a thing I'll be trying when I make it again!

      Delete
  2. I made these and thought they were delicious. My dough wasn't crumbly at all so I checked the recipe and turns out I used 1/4 pound of melted butter instead of 1/4 cup! So, they were delicious but not-so-skinny. Trying again tonight with the original recipe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images