Hollywood Household Hints: Bonita Granville | Weekly Feature

March 15, 2015


No Hollywood house seems complete without a barbecue pit in the patio. Bonita Granville has one made with a sort of warming oven on one side. Uses it to heat pots of baked beans while the hotdogs or hamburgers are grilling. Easier than carrying the bean pot out at the last minute - and dinner all gets finished at one time.

Bonita Granville, Helen Parish and Judy Garland eating hot dogs


© Spokane Daily Chronicle - 1942.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Happy Sunday Lindsay!
    I must agree with dear Bonita: an outdoor barbecue seem to be a "must" among those who like to entertain guest in their back yard and/or garden the summer. Many folks over here even exaggerate in making them - so they end up with having almost an entire bricked room in their yard. One thing is to have a nice place to make meat and serve your guest outdoors, another thing is to recreate a dining room (with walls) in the middle of your garden - I call them "show off-s" :)

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear, and a happy monday to you!

      I love elaborate outdoor design, though having a bricked dining room in the garden is, indeed, a bit too much. A garden should be just that. But I do like the idea of having a huge firepit for BBQ's and whatsoever. Just .. not .. a whole room.

      Delete
  2. She has the same name as I do! Bonita! Wow, that trips me out for some reason, and now I want to find out as much as I can about Bonita Granville. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely and unique name!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun photo! :) I wonder how staged vs candid it was. It seems quite genuinely in the moment to me.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images