French Chansons on sunday

March 03, 2015


Sunday is, without fail, my relaxation day; starting with an elaborate breakfast for two, getting my engine running by a strong cup of coffee and reading the newspaper in silence ... all without having to think of important, stressful appointments, and so forth. After my breakfast I practise some Yoga or Pilates and meditation and have a home-spa including a DIY sauna.

What I also love to do on sundays, is just drape myself glamorously on our divan, and listen to beautiful music on our 1920s record player, whilst sipping a N/A cocktail or a Chardonnay, nibbling on chocolate bonbons, and leafing through film magazines from the 1930s and 1940s (it's that I don't smoke, otherwise I'd may also smoke a cigarette in a long bakelite cigarette holder, ha!) 

Our record player mostly plays music of composers such as Bach or Tchaikovsky, but last sunday it were French chansons - Edith Piaf to be precise.


May way of relaxing may sound bombastic to you, but I love it and it makes me feel relaxed and glamorous. After such a day, I can face a new and fresh week feeling anew, and I really need it with all the midweek stress I encounter. Whatever works for you to face the world, right?

How do you love to spend sundays?




You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Far from sounding bombastic, that's weekend heaven for a homebody like me, too. I live for days like that and treasure (and need!) them all the more since opening my Etsy shop last year and suddenly finding myself working two full-time vintage related jobs with, peskily, the same number of hours still in the workweek. :D

    You're making me wish it was Sunday again right now, dear gal. Until the next one... :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am not the only one then! I am glad your Etsy shop is going great (atleast I guess it does, as you're working so hard!)

      I am longing for sunday again, too!

      Delete
  2. Your Sunday sounds like heaven! A diva one :)
    You look stunning on this photo sweet Lindsay!

    Beta x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sunday's sound fantastic! I think Sundays should be spent lazing about and getting rested for the week ahead. I normally spend mine with my family at one of our favourite coffee shops, quietly sipping a latte and reading the fluffy sections of the newspaper (style, arts, travel, etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate, yours sound great, too!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images