Peek in my past week (lots of pictures)!

February 10, 2015

You don't really see it on this photo, but I have nasty flare ups on my skin due to the harsh weather. It's itchy, painful and just maddening! I have done a lot to try and improve my skin and get through the winter a litte more comfortable than constantly being irritated by my skin and withholding myself from scratching it. I have to turn the heater less high, moisturize my face more than usual, go without any makeup most of the days ... etcetera. And also to regulate the humidity in our house, I have lots of cups of water on our heaters throughout the house to prevent the air from being so dry. Luckily my efforts do pay off, but the flare ups haven't gone completely. Oh, the perks of a senstive skin! 


Cats don't suffer from the heater as much as humans do, and my dear Figaro sits cozily next to our heater!

... Or just being a catloaf on a blanket.

My favorite salad! Carrots with yellow raisins and crushed almonds + a terrific olive oil dressing. Presented in my favorite salad bowl with peacocks! So decadent.

Watching a dutch television program with my beloved Benjamin and some treats.

I did what I do best: buy shoes, and flaunt them on Instagram. They are not as blue as they appear on the photo.

My lovely friend Marija from Serbia sent me this cute card! I felt so loved. Thank you Marija!

One of the best recipes I made this week. Flatbread with a selfmade beetpesto, topped with Gorgonzola cheese. Nohh, it was good! For the recipe go to Dash of Nostalgia!

When pay-day comes I love to indulge myself in little luxuries. Expensive shampoos are one of those luxuries, and I am very taken with this new John Frieda line. My hair got quite the shock going from platina blond to red to mid brown to dark brown, and unequivocally ... it got dry and it was in a terrible condition. Luckily it is being restored. These two products (and using argan oil beside these) changed my life. ;-)

 I was reading up on Dita von Teese and read that often she has avocado, tomato and truffle salt for lunch on millet or rice bread. Here's my take on it! You can find the recipe on Dash of Nostalgia.

And .. talking about Dita von Teese, I was quite surprised being woken up by the loud buzzing of my phone in the middle of the night, seeing it was the one and only Dita herself who favorited my tweet about her perfume Erotique.

I already mentioned my flare ups on my skin, and I read that washing your face with oatmeal and chamomile would relieve the skin. So I immediately set out to the kitchen to grab the oatmeal and dried chamomile, poured it into our coffeegrinder to make this mix and wash my face with it. Yes it does relieve my skin of flare ups ... but not for long.

During the weekend it was serie time and I started with Marvel's Agent Carter!

I found some time to lit incense, candles and meditate and do some Pilates.

I was home alone at sunday and decided to work on our kitchen; do the things that still had to be done after us moving house. Yes, I know, hello procrastination. Anyway, I was looking for a nice way to store my 1930s bakeware in. This was the option I went with.

Sunday is also the time for my home-spa relaxation. We have a ridiculously large bathroom that I can turn into a spa and which I do every sunday (I have a huge post coming up about this). I just love that decadency, and I love the feeling of candles everywhere, jungle sounds from the music boxes, incense burning and just relax.

I was pleasantly surprised when my friend Marinka said she bought this book for me. It is so sweet and thougtful of her because I am very interested in ancient Egypt, and this book is a nice addition to my collection of books about ancient Egypt. Thank you so Marinka!


You Might Also Like

11 Comments

  1. ...and there is is: the card I've sent you... I'm so glad it has reached you...

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marija, I thank you a week ago for it on your Google+ but I guess you haven't seen it? :p

      Delete
    2. I have probably seen it, but there's a beehive in my mind these days.. work is overwhelming..

      Marija

      Delete
  2. ah, Peggy Carter and dry skin. i have both in my life, the latter drives me crazy but the former sure does take my mind off of it. and congrats on the tweet fave. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh, it's so annoying to have a sensitive skin in harsh weather!

      Delete
  3. I love Agent Carter! I have been sad to hear it hasn't had great ratings so might be cancelled, so I am always urging everyone to watch it (through legal means) so that it can survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it has bad rating because I read that most people haven't seen Captain America, and it's quite vital to have seen it in order to understand agent Carter. Oh well, let's hope it doesn't get cancelled!

      Delete
  4. I hear you loud and clear on the sensitive skin + winter front! I have to take similar measures (and sometimes involve medicated creams) each year, too. Not fun - and not ideal for those of us in chilly climates.

    That's seriously cool about Dita favouriting your tweet. Congratulations!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was writing it, I was thinking of you because I know you have a sensitive skin aswell and, I was sure, suffering from it too in harsh weather. I heard Canada can be reaaaaallly cold, so I feel for you!

      Delete
  5. I've never seen anything Captain America related but started watching "Agent Carter" a month ago or so and love it!
    P.S. You look stunning in the first photograph, skin flare ups or not.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images