My New Year's eve and what I looked like

January 01, 2015

My outfit for the evening!  My dress is 1940s, and my shoes late 1930s.

Hello people, first post in the new year. I am so excited at the prospect of a new year, a clean slate, the first page in a 365 paged book that is ready to be written full of joy and exciting adventures. I am not really a person who makes new years resolutions, but I certainly want to see some things done in 2015. I have a huge bucket list, so I am hoping to check off some of those things aswell, and I want to do more in the area of exercise (at the moment I am only doing Yoga and Pilates), plus I want to find out more about who I am and what I want in and from life. I also have some things in store for this blog. Let's say this new year has enought to keep me busy. And I like being busy, so that's nice!


Yesterday afternoon it was all about the preparations for the big evening. Ben and I celebrated it with just the two of us like we always do eversince we got into a relationship. We have celebrated New year's eve for the third time now and always somewhere else. We celebrated our first New Year's in Antwerp, the second one at our then new home, and this time we celebrated it in our current home and it was just perfect!

For the recipe click *here*

In the afternoon I made deviled eggs with spicy guacamole filling and it was soooo delicious. I am a big fan of deviled eggs and they are almost tradition at special occasions in my family. The deviled eggs of my mother are the best, but I wanted deviled eggs that were slightly different than the usual ones. I found the perfect recipe in my newly gifted cookbook The Forest Feast and went on cooking a lot of eggs; I also made pink ones but couldn't get a really good photo of them since it became a bit dark and with food I dislike to use artificial light; sadly I didn't quite had the time to set up a mini food studio to photograph my pink eggs in a flattering way, so you'll have to do with a Instagram photo of them! The recipe will appear soon on my food blog aswell!

They look quite festive! Excuse the wrap, but it's for the sake of keeping the eggs fresh!

And a quick photo of myself inbetween all the cooking!

That afternoon we quickly went to buy some Champagne glasses, oliebollen, powdered sugar, Champagne and apple fritters. At twelve o'clock it was madness in my hometown and there was beautiful fireworks everywhere. We went outside to watch it amongst festive people. It was truly amazing. I had a marvelous New Year's celebration and I hope you had, too!


You Might Also Like

14 Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you and your honey! :) You look absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you! I wish you all the same <3

      Delete
  2. Wat zag je er mooi uit Lindsay!♡
    En je hapjes zien er ook al zo mooi uit!

    De beste wensen voor jou en Ben ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for you two!!!!
    Nice outfit, we also spent NYE just the 2 of us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a truly fabulous new years eve (or oude jaars avond)!

    Wishing you a wonderful and adventure filled 2015 : )

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma, I wish you all the same <3

      Delete
  5. I'm positively hopping with excitement about the new year, too!!! For quite a while, in the weeks leading up to it, I didn't feel like I could get a read on the year (in so much as anyone can in advance of it), but now that we're actually into 2015, my gut is telling me that it's going to be a positive, fun, exciting year and I really hope that rings true for both of us, my beautiful friend!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that 2015 will be a splendid year for you. You very much deserve it!

      Delete
  6. wonderful outfit to celebrate the new year! happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2015 beautiful gal! I wish you a wonderful year :)
    You look stunning as always, inspiring diva!

    Beta x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images