My Beauty Hint: Mae West [ Weekly Feature ]

January 18, 2015


M A E    W E S T

"Ten hours of fretful, jerky sleep will leave one tire and irritable whereas six hours of completely relaxed sleep will bring refreshment. To those persons who find it difficult to rest, an hour's walk just before retiring every night will work wonders. Another habit to form if you would become a sound sleeper is that of eating a light meal in the evening. Heavy food is a great sleep-chaser, I find.

A cup of warm milk, a warm bath, a bit of reading before turning off the light, are other suggestions for insomnia victims."

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Oh I love me some Mae West. She was a real glamazon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when I regularly did yoga, I'd do a bit before bed and it would help. I think I will start to do that again! Or, I could try to go for a walk before bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Yoga very relaxing. But I usually do it in the morning. Perhaps I should try to do some before retiring aswell, and see what it does for me. :-)

      Delete
  3. Great advice! I can second what she said entirely. I rarely have spare energy at the end of the day, but if I do, a walk usually obliterates it quickly and lets me sleep like a baby.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always used to do it together with my grandmother when I was a very young kid; an evening walk, and it was so fulfilling. Made me always fall sound asleep.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images