Talking perfect reproduction dresses and mini berets.

December 29, 2014


I have been planning to show you this dress for quite a while, but I never really got to it somehow. Most of my outfit photos are snapped outside (and why not, my hometown is gorgeous), but it's waaay to cold at the moment to do so, thus I decided I'd snap some photos of the dress inbetween household chores in my own home, cause our home is gorgeous too. Behind me, in our hallway, you see a small part of my authentic old Hollywood actress autograph collection of which I am really proud. Anyway, I say snapping photos inbetween household chores, because there's so much to do here at casa Lane/Hogendoorn, as New Year's eve is knocking on our doors; I plan to celebrate that big. Real big.

And talking about the turn of the year: I am happy that 2014 is coming to an end, because it definitely was not my year. I think 2015 will be completely different and to do my bit for that, I have so many nice things planned, but more about all that later.

You know by now that I am very picky if it comes to reproduction clothing, because I find that most of it only slightly resembles the beautiful clothing of my favorite era's. Not that that's a problem but it's just not for me, though I must say that I am slightly bending my own rules with this lately.


This dress, however, is one of those better 1940s reproduction dresses out there, and as soon as I laid my eyes on it I hád to have it. Chapeau for the brand Hell Bunny, because they've outdone themselves with this dress. It looks a lot like most of my original vintage late 1930s/early 1940s dresses, and this dress even has the shoulder pads that you saw so often in the dresses of the 1940s.

The fabric is wonderful and the dress feels so comfortable, is figure hugging and very flattering. I am not gifted with a pair of voloptuous hips, sadly, but this dress makes my figure quite feminine.


My shoes are from the brand Ruby Shoo, and these feel as if walking on clouds. You can also wear these without feeling a spat of guilt aswell, because they are entirely vegan friendly. I decided not too long ago to buy and wear more vintage reproduction shoes, as with vintage ones I always feel like little Bambi on ice, trying to walk carefully in them, afraid to ruin them. Let's say it wouldn't be the first time; I am a regular customer at the shoe cobbler.


I found my cute blue mini beret at Europe's largest vintage event held in Utrecht, the Netherlands, and I was searching for one like this a while eversince I saw Dita von Teese wearing one, and I was ecstatic when I finally found it at the event. The woman selling (and making) these had them in several colors and prints, but the price tag she gave them made me buy only one, though I would've loved to have the mini beret with leopard print aswell. Image how good thát would look with this raspberry dress!

The pictures of Dita wearing a mini beret that persuaded me to buy one, too



What I also want to show you, is this cute little 1930s purse that I also found on Europe's largest vintage event. I fancy bags like these a lot, because of their shape and size. Sadly I always carry a lot of stuff with me and not all of it fits in this purse, so I only have this with me for small walks, chic events and such.

The purse has a funny lock system; it opens when you drop the handle. It's cute isn't it!?


Outfit information
Dress: Hellbunny 40s Moira dress raspberry
Shoes: Ruby Shoo EVA
Mini Beret: thrift
Purse: thrift

SHOP MY OUTFIT

Note: This post is not sponsored by the brands mentioned. All opinions given are entirely my own.

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Oh wow! Now I want to buy that dress! Badly!! :-D
    It suits you so well! I absolutely adore the blue/red combination!
    Normally, blue isn't really my favourite colour, but I love it in combination with red. So bold and stylish and yet classy!

    Anyone happens to remember that recent Downton Abbey episode, where Lady Mary attends a fashion show wearing a bright red cloche with a blue coat?? That outfit combo was to die for!!! :-)

    Lots of love,
    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh yes! I certainly remember because I thought the color combination splendid aswell. And thank you so much for your kind words. The dress is definitely worth every penny.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, that dress is divine!! Now I also want it! The details are super gorgeous.
    Your beret and purse are perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look sensational - and very, very festive, sweet dear! Though I didn't loath 2014, I wouldn't say it was my favourite year ever either and am ultimately happy to wave good-bye to it. There were highlights (like opening my Etsy shop, our trip to Vancouver Island, and my 30th birthday), but between those points, most days were long, stressful, tiring and filled with worries, so again, parting ways with '14 isn't a hardship at all.

    Here's to the hope that the coming year sparkles and abounds with happiness and far more favourable days for both of us, my sweet friend!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. Ofcourse 2014 had some good things in store for me aswell, but I hope you and me both will find a better year in 2015.

      Delete
  4. This outfit is superb! You look gorgeous. Erin xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images