Sneak peek in my past week

December 12, 2014

Watched the very enjoyable movie China seas (1935) with Clark Gable and Jean Harlow

Suffered a bit of stomach ache and hoped to relieve it with hot milk and anise

Winter has truly arrived and one of the best parts of that is litting candles!

Making preparations for a delicious meal. Ratatouille with pasta and goat's cheese

Ratatouille starting to look good!

December does not only mean Christmas in the Netherlands, but also a traditional dutch festivity called Sinterklaas. As with Christmas, Sinterklaas also means spending time with family (-in law) and giving and receiving gifts, and Ben and I both received this gift from my brother in law Alexander with a typical Sinterklaas poem (in dutch ofcourse). The gift is a beautiful pencil set; Ben and I both want to pick up drawing again.

Wintertime means coziness with a "fireplace" ;-)

We've been working hard on our home and that also means decorating the walls. I am smitten with the idea of hanging our large old Hollywood autographs on the wall in our hallways and I have showed you the photo of Rita Hayworth, Ginger Rogers and Veronica Lake hanging already many posts ago, and this week we hanged Ann Sheridan ....

... and Anita Louise. Though Louise's mat has to be replaced by a better fitting one around the autograph.

My jungle tiger who sneakily tried to climb in the plant

As said, we've been working hard on our home and there's still so much clutter laying about in the house as you can see in this picture. But I wanted to show you how cozily this place looks even though it's not finished yet :-)

From a collegue, Ben received a large bush of mistletoe. Perfect for decoration and kisses!

I watched the movie Cover girl with Rita Hayworth and Gene Kelly, and I enjoyed it tremendously. Oh those fashions!

A couple of dried beans Ben got from a collegue ( a different collegue than the mistletoe collegue ) and I am planning to decorate with it. In the meantime we also got black beans.

My Cat Figaro saw something that I didn't see. He was entranced.

I finally am the proud owner of Hedy Lamarr's autograph. I wanted this one for só long and Ben found it on Ebay, and bought it for me as an early birthday present. There's a place reserved for her in one of our hallways, but we have to make some adjustments to the frame, photo and mat before she can be hung on the wall.

Relaxing with a sparkly drink after a long day, and we're about to watch a movie!

Have a nice weekend people!


You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Such a lovely post, Lindsay.
    I can see you've had a great week.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the styles in Cover Girl AMAZING? I could watch monthly and never get tired of it, for I find I notice something new and swoon-worthily sensational (about their outfits) each time I view it (ditto for 1939's The Women).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, gee, I lóve the fashions of the movie and it inspired me so much for an upcoming spring wardrobe. All those colors were so wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photos - seems like a great week though packed with work (and movies XD) And in the second cat picture it seems like Figaro is looking up at the beans XD
    Do you celebrate Advent (it's the 4 Sundays before Christmas) in the Netherlands? If you do then I wish you a wonderful 3rd Advent^^
    Greetings from Germany,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Sandy, it was a lovely week. I do celebrate advent and thank you very much. I wish you the same!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh what a wonderful post! I love these home decor pictures! I hope there are coming more as you get along finishing your new home! :-)

    I've been into home decor a lot lately, always have been, but in the last few weeks and months, even more so! The first half of this year hasn't been so easy for me, a lot of bad things happened and I was under a lot of emotional stress. Then my flatmate moved out in July, which wasn't that bad, I was honestly quite relieved to live alone for a while. But strangely I started to feel more and more uncomfortable in my home, which wasn't really due to the fact that I was alone, but more because I was in a bad state and it kind of reflected on my house as well. Not that it was really messy or dirty, but it did'nt seem to be like "me" anymore, it wasn't as nice and cozy anymore as I had once made it. I couldn't take it anymore. So in the last couple of months, as my emotional state got better and better, I started to redo a lot of things. I threw a lot of things out, got rid of ballast and clutter, redecorated the rooms and made the place my home once again.

    And I'm so happy with it right now! :-) I feel comfortable again, I like having guests again, I like spending time here again. Of course, this has also to do with my general improved wellbeing, but it always amazes me to see how much of a difference home decor and interiour design can make!

    So I'm really excited for you to show more of your lovely new home! :-) And I'm sure it will inspire me to do even some more detailing with mine! Just like your pinterest home decor posts, they were very inspiring and motivational! Thank you!

    Bye,
    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabriela,

      Thanks for your lovely message.

      First and foremost: I am very glad to read that you're emotional state is getting better and that usually reflects on our house and vice versa. I can relate a lot to what you're saying because I had the same with our former home. And because I started to hate the house, I began to fell uncomfortable and I was not able to make something of it.

      Thanks again for your lovely message!

      Delete
  5. Such a fantastic week, and congrats on the Hedy Lamarr autograph!! I hope you're feeling a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I am so happy with it! I do feel a little bit better - thank you!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images