My (Christmas) week in pictures - lots of pictures!

December 27, 2014

The past week has been shrouded in stress and hurrying without being able to properly relax a little. ... All because Christmas was at the door ofcourse! Every time again I tell myself to stop stressing over just a couple of days that are slightly different than my others, but somehow I fail with that. I must say that, stress aside, I had magnificent Christmas days filled with love, joy, festivity, gifts and delicious food.

Let's see what I was up to!

Getting ready for all the turmoil that Christmas brings along. And yes, we're still buzy with our home, so it's a rubbish in the living room. Pardonnez moi. And no, we don't have two Christmas tree's but the little one I wanted to use to decorate it with my WWII unsilvered Christmas ornaments but I went with a bigger tree in the end instead.

One of the best things of the colder season is, you get to snuggle underneath a blanket and having snoring cats on your lap!

My dear Benjamin - who never likes to have his picture taken but who's saddled with a girlfriend who does like to make pictures.

A fresh Hollywood biography to read. About silent film actress Evelyn Brent.

Still trying to find drinks to replace alcohol. Ginger beer is a nice option, but sadly full of sugar.

Sleepless nights ask for véry large mugs of coffee. This mug is actually a tad too large.

I have a thing for cute storage jars. Pictured you see coarse celtic seasalt and Himalaya salt.

Cold weather asks for thick tights.

On Heiligabend (the evening before Christmas day) we went to eat and unpack gifts at my father and his girlfriend's house and this was their pretty and festive dessert - which was sooooo delicious.

A quote all too true. This quote is written on the windows of a photography store on the other side of our house. You can see our grey house behind me on the picture. 

We were travelling to my grandmother to celebrate 1st Christmas day with the family + a friend of the family. This was the view from the train (it's a little place called Voorst-Empe). 

My grandmothers Christmas tree and all the presents. The Netherlands is suffering a Christmas crisis you say?

We were in a festive mood.

Yay! Grilling is one of my favorite things to do on Christmas day

And on the last train home. I pulled a derp face, because the train was cold and I dislike travelling late at night - very much.

One of the gifts that I received (from Ben) was the BEAUTIFUL cookbook written by Erin Gleeson, a food photographer and artist ( which she combines in her cookbook), and I am SO happy with this, because eversince her book was published I wanted it. It's extremely beautiful with delicious vegetarian recipes. Erin lives a lifestyle in a cabin in the woods I am so jealous of ;-) Follow her recipes *here* and buy her cookbook there --- > The Forest Feast: Simple Vegetarian Recipes from My Cabin in the Woods

On 2nd Christmas day Ben and I celebrate it with just the two of us, starting with a delicious breakfast.

Me in our hallway getting ready for a Christmas walk. 

When we came back from our long winter walk, we made ourselves a large cup of hot cocoa and watched Christmas movies.

We had a nice dinner by candlelight only. So cozy.

We ended the evening with a plat de fromages and (N/A) wine, whilst watching the terribly emotional Christmas special from Downton Abbey. Tears, tears everywhere.

I really had a LOVELY Christmas and I hope you had, too. What were your activities?

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. lovely lovely photos! i like that camera quote very much a well. glad that you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for opening up your holiday celebrations to all of us. I feel honoured to be a part of them via these very lovely photos.

    Happiest countdown to New Year's wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. merry christmas Lindsay! Have a wondeful new year !

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images