Recipe | Cheese Grits & Honey roasted Tomatoes

September 06, 2014


In-between packing boxes and restoring our current home to its original conditions, I do manage to cook some culinary dishes. The past couple of days I was a bit overwhelmed by stress and slept horribly. Yesterday I was to tired that I went to bed quite early for my doing, and slept from 10 till 10. Suffice to say I had regained some energy and was fit enough for some cooking in the kitchen.

This recipe was planned for some time already and because it doesn't require much skill or time, I was willing to make this as lunch. I was pleasantly surprised; but how can you go wrong with oven roasted tomatoes drenched in honey and olive oil? Precisely, you can't!


Ingrediënts for the tomatoes
  • 1 pound halved cherry tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • ¼ teaspoon coarse celtic salt
  • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven 400F (206 Celcius). Toss together the cherry tomatoes with the olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a baking dish. Let it stand for 10 minutes and when done put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.

Ingredients for the cheese grits
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons Himalaya salt
  • 1 cup uncooked yellow grits
  • 2 ounces goat cheese
  • ¼ cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
  • Garnish: fresh rosemary

Bring the first three ingredients to a boil together with 3 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the grits and reduce to heat to medium-low. Cover and let it simmer, whilst stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.

Fold in both cheeses and stir until melted, and remove from heat. Cover and let is stand for 5 minutes. 

Top with roasted tomatoes.


P.S: for more recipes (which are mostly vintage) visit my food blog: A Dash of Nostalgia

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Oh my word, can I please come over for dinner at your house? :) These look lip-lickingly scrumptious and just the thing to combat the slate grey, rainy, wind tousled day we're having here at the moment. I will have to whip up my own cheesy grits really soon - can't wait!!! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what you think of it!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images