Happy 2 year anniversary to us

September 11, 2014


Today is the day we celebrate that Ben and I are (happily) together for two years! We knew eachother already much longer through Facebook, but in a time when we were both still in an another relationship with someone else - who ironically both lived in the same city. When that came to an end around the same time, Ben and I started talking for days and nights in a row and noticed that we had a click immediately. 

Hamburgers, laughter and wine
At the time, Ben was about to work at GGNet mental health care in Apeldoorn (which is my former hometown where I still lived at that time) that I had/have to visit regularly, but eventually he ended up working at GGNet mental health care in Zutphen. Sharing the same passions, interests and lifestyle, we decided to meet up. I would travel to his hometown - which is somewhere at the end of the world where time apparently stood still - and he would pick me up. We drank wine and laughed lots - since we have the same humor. In the evening we went to dine on huge hamburgers at his favorite bar where I also met his amazing friends.


Meeting eachother for years without knowing it
We also came to know, that we had met before on metal and grindcore concerts back in the day - which was coincidentally both our music taste before we turned ourselves into sophisticated human beings, and he also played with his band Grindustry at the birthday of a good friend of mine, Michelle ( do have a look, she photographs beautifully ), plus: I saw him perform at several festivals - he was quite famous in the metal scene with his band. See? It was destined to happen for us to meet.

On the day we first met consciously, two years ago, we watched lots of old movies, but obviously we talked more than watching film. I also met his parents and brother Alexander (and later on his other siblings aswell) and knew in an instant that these were the first inlaws that I truly, truly liked - and after two years I still do! Fantastic people, all of them.


My Fight For You
Coming from an abusive and unhealthy relationship before Ben, I was in a dilemma whether to jump into a new one, but we were so much in love and he promised to be there for me at all times or to wait for me if I decided to take some more time. He sent me the song My Fight For You from the talented Greg Laswell and this became "our" song (nope, not an old one ha) and I still love to listen to it and recall the feelings of us talking the night away on MSN - which I still had at that time ha ha.

Within a really short time we decided to live together in the city where Ben worked; Zutphen. I have not regretted that choice for one moment ... and ... as we speak, we are in the middle of closing this chapter in our lives and opening a new one in a new house.

Ben is highly gifted with music and wrote a song for me on his guitar. Suffice to say I was in heaven. He hates to be filmed while playing, as really, he's way to humble, but he made an exception for this blog. He's really really good for someone who has never followed one single guitar lesson - all is self taught.

Below he is jamming and just does what pops up in his head. He was a bit shy in the beginning but in the middle of the fragment he is loosening up a bit, as you can probably hear, which increases his performance. He's really quick with his fingers. I am so proud! 

video

My ship who sails me to the shore
Ben is my everything: my rock to hold on to when the foundation underneath my feet is trembling, the ship who sails me to the shore when the sea is getting rough, and a shoulder to cry on when I need comfort. He is my beacon in the dark. We have gone through so much, cause really, we have had our rough times. It must be said that I am not at all the easiest person to live with, but Ben is always there for me and vice versa.

We can laugh, we can cry, we can share, we can learn from eachother and we can teach eachother. We move mountains for each other and I don't know what to do without him.

Darling Benjamin, here's looking at us, kid *raises glas* I love you!


You Might Also Like

13 Comments

  1. Wonderful!! I hope you to be happy forever!! Greetings from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet !Wish you all the best , you deserve it!Happy anniversary!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary and all the best for you two for the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know Pokey LaFarge? Think you will love his music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No never heard of it! But thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

      Delete
  5. wonderful post! happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are such a beautiful (and uber stylish!) couple. Joyful anniversary wishes to you both - here's to countless more years of shared bliss to come!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ever so glad to hear there's someone for everyone! Also, I'm glad to know you're in your "safe harbour" with the person who loves and cherishes you, dear.
    I wish you two many, many happy years together - cheers!

    Marija

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images