Clara Bow: ‘Be happy!,

September 14, 2014



Northern Territory Times 29 Mar 1929
"Worry and bad tempers are the most powerful enemies to beauty," according to Clara Bow. "Of course one cannot always help being worried, but one can help being continually in that state. Some people would not be happy if they did not wear a worried look. Keep always a fresh and optimistic outlook on life, and you will not have to worry about your personal appearance."

"Plenty of outdoor exercise is a great help, for it sweeps the cobwebs from the mind and tones up the body with a new vitality. Speaking for myself, my favorite exercises are swimming, riding and tennis. Swimming, I think, is the best exercise of all. Every person, however, has their own particular fancies."


You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. She's spot on - worry and stress really do horrible things to one's body and health. I think that if we could all be stress free, we'd likely live decades longer.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely and I am one of those people who, under stress, look horrible. And I think you are hitting the nail on the head; we would indeed live longer if we'd be stress free.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images