Watching the sun go down + better hair color picture!

August 19, 2014


I must say that I was planning a blog post solely for this outfit for a while now but it never got there somehow. Today is the first day I finally (read: finally) feel better on the health area. The bacteria (which was Campylobacter Jejuni in the end) knocked me down for two weeks! The thing is, with me, I never give myself enough rest to get back on the mend, so after one week I was already galloping around again and fell ill with high fever; I got it all and decided that I should really bide my time in bed. And so I did, kinda. Watching lotsa movies and work on my new food blog layout.

I am not entirely fit again, but I am getting there and somehow I got it in my head to dart around without a coat to protect me from the cold, solely to show you this dress. But things did not really go as planned and Ben suffered back ache (tall guy problems) and I got cranky and it was windy and my hair was drooping big time, plus some teenagers were bothering us. So I ended up with some blurry half posture photos and so you must forgive me. I will make better photos of this gorgeous late 1930s/early 1940s dress when the weather starts acting normal and throws out the sun instead of this autumn-y mess we suffer now. Yes, I love autumn and no I am not ready for it yet.

I am not so sure why I bend my head in these photos.

I got this gorgeous dress from my dear friend from Rotterdam, Marinka. She sent me two dresses and a darling hat - which will all get their own place on this blog, I'm sure. She just gifted them to me and I thought it the sweetest thing. I am over the moon with it, and the dress I am wearing on the photo is the perfect dress for this weather. It fits like a glove.

And even though the outfit photos might have failed, I couldn't wait to show you my new hair color. Some of you have seen a tidbit of it through my Instagram, but somehow that turned out brown, whilst my hair really is more reddish/Auburn. 

I was planning on going sandelwood ( you know, one shouldn't go too crazy from platinum hair to a darker shade ) but I got the hang of it and decided to ( since my hair responded really well to the dye to my surprise ) go a tad darker. I used ( I am not kidding ) four packages of sandelwood and one package ( which came two weeks later ) golden mid-brown. I am pondering to leave it like this or go more brown-ish. I think I will leave it like this; I love what it does to my green eyes. What do you think?


By the by, I haven't mentioned it here yet ... but Ben and I are going to move house real soon. We wanted more living space for less money. That was possible, funny enough, and we got what we asked for. We found a GORGEOUS house that is built around our favorite periods and which ( I must tell you this ) has an enormously scary basement. I want to make this into a pantry, and to dry fresh herbs and also as storage for canning food etc. That is ... if I dare to enter it. It looks like a medieval horse stable; it is sooooo old. What I would miss in this house we currently live in, would be the huge rustic oven. But no worries for me: we got a beautiful fireplace ( original ) in our upcoming house, too. Tadaaa.

And this ... will be our new home!

Neat hae?

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

  1. Wow, your new house is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I know right? We are quite lucky!

      Delete
  2. I love the new hair color! If I may say, it makes you look even more "period"! Fantastic new digs too--can't wait to see how you kit it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliana, thank you so much. I agree with you; I chose this color for more than one reason and one of them is that it looks more "period-correct". It also requirs less maintenance.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness what a beautiful place. I jus love those windows!! Im sure you must be soooo excited to start decorating and all.
    Im sorry you didnt get good outfit picture, but im glad everything else is going good, like your new home and pretty hair. That was one of the first things i noticed, how greed your eyes are.
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I reaaaallly can't wait. I have huge plans for it and I am moodboarding like crazy. Pinterest is of great help.

      And well, my eyes are green but sometimes, when I see shoes or pretty frocks, they are greed(y) :p

      Delete
  4. I am 100% the same way, too!!! Whether it's a flare-up with one of my conditions, a bug, recouping from surgery, you name it, I love being productive so much that I inevitably push myself too hard way too quickly and pay for it big time!!! I sometimes say (referring to myself) that you can take the health out of the girl, but not the workaholic tendencies! ;)

    What a gorgeous house! I'm thrilled for you both and home that things go smoothly with your upcoming move.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Madly love your new hair colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much darling girl.

      I have never been a person that could lay still in bed around day-time. It is not for me. Not even a nap. Sometimes I do take them when I am awefully tired, cause I know I'll pay a price when I don't. But being sick in bed is sooo not me.

      Delete
  5. Ohh yes the darker shade compliments your eye color so wonderfully - but to me I think you will always look amazing no matter what color your hair is, you just can't go wrong!
    Your new home looks AMAZING, I can't wait to see more of it - and hear about that spooky basement too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart! I cannot wait to move into that house ( and barricade the basement with whatever construction works haha. I am not used to basements, in the NL we barely have them and not as huge as this one is, so all basements look practically scary to me, but I am sure gonna photograph it and post it online.

      xx

      Delete
  6. Oh... "fly me over the moon" - this color suits you so well, Linsay!
    I can't even begin to tell you what joy I feel every time I hear someone's got a new house. It's such an exciting moment in life, I think. Don't worry about the basement: give it a splash of bright color, good light.. and it'll smooth the space into something you'd love.
    I can't wait to read more about it.

    Hug
    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much dear Marija! Well, the basement is pitch black! There was only one light bulb and it was flickering hahaa! Ghost story stuff!

      Delete
  7. I just love the new color! It really does look striking with your green eyes. You are too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Naomi! I am blushing!

      Delete
  8. This hair color is just so perfect for you – you look wonderful...!
    And congratulations on your new home; what a beautiful place it is.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images