She wears the pants

August 26, 2014


In my last post I told you about the fact that I am focussing myself on a wardrobe for autumn, 'cause really, and I hate to write it down, summer is on its way out! As much as I would have enjoyed many more hazy lazy evenings on the pier of the river Yssel, I don't think the opportunity will present itself till next summer, and a change to a warmer and cozier wardrobe would not be such a bad idea. But yeah, I hate to see the cute sandals and floral frocks go tucked away in the back of my closet again. All it did the past couple of days is rain, rain, rain and I almost took my galoshes out of their stable, had I not reminded myself that it is still summer.

But besides focussing on what colors to wear these colder seasons, I am also looking for wardrobe pieces to wear - either that be magnificent repro or original vintage. Trousers is what came to mind. Now, I do have a great reproduction pair of trousers, but I have long legs for my posture, but a ridiculously short torso, so highwaist pants are usually not a success on me. *pout* .... *pout some more*.
But when I saw some (and pinned some) gorgeous inspirational photos of ladies who looked absolutely stunning in their slacks, ánd when I saw the photo of actress Lily Rabe (above), I thought I might have to try it again, and have my handy mother in law have a look into my trousers and alter them a bit so they would fit me. So, perhaps I'll be wearing slacks in one of my upcomings posts ;-).

Let's see what inspired me to try again!

Looks a tad like Lily Rabe's outfit and I really love the trouser, blouse, conical hat style combination.



I don't hunt, but I totally dig this outfit for whenever I decide to do some clay pigeon shooting.


You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Ohhhhh, I know, it almost physically hurts to part ways with summer again. I was so busy this season and though I did get out and about a bit to savour it, in a way I feel like it slipped past me and as such I'd love nothing more than for it to linger for at least a two or three months longer. No dice, of course, but at least fall is my favourite time of the year, so that does help soften the blow.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I love autumn to pieces but summer went by too fast. Luckily better weather is on its way to the NL and I can enjoy it a little longer!

      Delete
  2. I envy those who wear pants beautifully. I have tried so many sorts, different shapes, lengths.. but, never have I felt comfortable (jeans, they are not pants, and I wear those only to supermarket).
    Many people ask me why I always wear skirts, and I'm don't know how to let them know that I "still haven't found what I'm looking for". :)

    These look lovely, Lindsay.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not really like slacks, except those from the 1930s and 1940s, not because these are my favorite era's but because I sincerely love what the trousers can do to ones figure.

      Sadly, finding the right ones is a hard chore for me.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, these pics are so dreamy! I've bought a pair of Collectif Clothing's slacks, but haven't got around to hemming them yet. These photos have impelled me to get right on it so I can try some of these gorgeous outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, collectif clothing slacks are beautiful! I have been thinking of buying one myself. Would love to see yours! X.

      Delete
  4. I am planning to wear trousers more this winter and would love to try some vintage styles. I always have trouble in finding clothes that fit well when buying on line due to my figure so will keep looking in my favourite secondhand and charity shops for vintage bargains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yeah, I hear ya. I have the same problem! Well, good luck in find your right trouser!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images