Recipe || Blueberry, Banana and Mint Smoothie + New Hair Color!

August 07, 2014


Eversince I have a blender I invent and/or taste new smoothie recipes almost every week - pasta sauces, too, by the way. I start my morning with the usual glowing green smoothie as breakfast, but I love to vary with other ingrediënts, too. It is endless. Anyhoo: when I saw a delish smoothie recipe on Instagram, which the beautiful Acid Doll posted ( yes ladies and gents, the brunette beauty has a blog now, too, yay ), I decided to share my version of the smoothie; it has the same ingrediënts and a few more.

Smoothies are a bit of a lifesaver for me and without them (and coffee obviously) I cannot start the day. I am a terrible person for breakfast, but this liquid stuff is easy, healthy and delicious on the stomach in the early morning. It also doesn't lock horns with my nostalgic diet: nope, the smoothie was already being consumed in the 1930s but ofcourse not to the extend like these days.

Before I get on with the ingredients of the blueberry smoothie, I wanted to introduce you to my new haircolor. Sadly the photo doesn't show the true color; the photo (probably due to the instagram filter) shows a more brown-ish color whilst it is actually more red. But you get the picture (no pun intended).


You see me and my inseparable Starbucks Seattle Latte. Starbucks, oh, I love you. When I was on a city trip in London a couple of years ago, our hotel, the Thistle Victoria hotel, was attached to an indoor train station and it had a starbucks. Yep, I was in heaven and everytime when I came home from activities in London, and before retiring to bed, I bought a huge cup of Starbucks coffee. Bliss.

Anyhoo, without further London-loving ado: does the hair color suit me? You must forgive me, as this picture has been taken with my smartphone, but I do have some outfit pictures on my agenda for upcoming week - and with that better hair pictures. I tend to go a few shades darker, but I had to use 4(!) packages to reach this result (going from platina blonde to auburn-ish is quite the chore) so, suffice to say that my hair is less pleased and I need to give it some rest to recover from this sudden shock.

Now, the smoothie!


Ingrediënts
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 banana, chopped
  • 4 tbsp. Greek yogurt
  • bunch of fresh mint leaves
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • ½ cup goat's milk

Put in blender and blend until desired consistency is reached. And that is that!




You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Your new hair color is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooow the new color suits you so well! The blonde was nice too, but this is much more natural, but still very chic. I really like it, thumbs up from me! :-)

    Lots of love,
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear Gabby!

      Delete
  3. what a wonderful post! i would like to try that smoothie now, and your new hair color is just perfect. not only does it suit you very well, but it's glamorous and does make your eye color pop!
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling gal! The smoothie comes with my recommendation. If you ever try it let me know what you thought of it. And thanks aswell for your kind words on my hair; I love what it does to my green eyes :-)

      Delete
  4. That colour not only suits you, it sings and shines on you sublimely beautifully!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the new hair color is very flattering to your skin tone, Lindsay! Coupled with the red lipstick gives you a vintage vibe. And I mean that positively. Did you use henna on this? It would be great if you can do a post about dyeing hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear Elizabeth! I am not sure if a tutorial of me on dying hair would be of use, since I struggle with it myself and usually my boyfriend lends a hand.

      I did not use henna but dye from a drugstore.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images