Recipe || Blueberry pizza with honeyed goat cheese

June 16, 2014


Like most of us, I have my guilty pleasures in the food area; french fries, kapsalon, bread and pizza. I'm always on the hunt for healthy alternatives for pizza, when I am not cooking nostalgic. My diet grew pretty healthy over the past years, but now and then I think life is no fun when all you eat is vegetables and fruit (I reduced my animal proteïn intake to 3 times a week) and sometimes you just want to indulge yourself. I do, anyway. My stomach can not bare fastfood anymore, it makes me really sick, and thus when I want to indulge, I do try to make the recipe somewhat healthy.

Yesterday was such a day where I was hunting down a healthy "pizza" recipe. I didn't felt the need to cook, and thus it had to be a quick recipe. Blueberries are my favorite fruit and these are multi-employable in a various of other recipes, or make delicious smoothies, but I never imagined them on a pizza. It looked like heaven to me. It tasted heavenly, absolutely. Although it is filling, I was very sad that my plate was empty.

This is such a ridiculously delicious recipe that I could not resist to share it. You must try it, really! And let me know what you thought of it :-).

If you are curious what I eat, you can follow my food blog A Dash of Nostalgia.



Ingredients serves 2
  • 4 ounces of goat cheese
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 4 naan breads
  • ½ pint blueberries
  • Prosciutto, thinly shaved
  • 3 tbsp. thyme leaves
  • freshly ground pepper

Pre-heat the oven to 425°F. Place the naan breads on a baking sheet. Mix the goat cheese with the honey until soft and smooth. Spread the mixture with the back of a spoon on the naan breads, evenly. On top of the goat cheese, add a handful of blueberries. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the naan is toasted and the blueberries softened.

Remove from the oven and add the prosciutto and thyme and season with pepper.



© The credits for this blueberry pizza go to insockmonkeyslippers whose website is filled to the brim with tasty recipes. Do visit!

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. wow,it looks so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it absolutely is! I can recommend this to anyone :-)

      Delete
  2. That looks lick-your-lips fabulous and gets a resounding "yum, yes please!" from me! :) Given that they grow in complete abundance around these parts, I'd be tempted to give it a shot with (separately) both cherries and pears, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so delicious, too. Fortunate fact, I have some pears; I might try it this week. I think this "pizza" is equally delicious with all sorts of fruit. Especially pear goes well with goat cheese.

      Delete
  3. Pizza is ook absoluut mijn guilty pleasure. Heerlijke foto's, dit recept ga ik onthouden! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laat me weten wat je ervan vond! Ik zou hier zo "verslaafd" aan kunnen raken :-D

      Delete
  4. This look so delicious! And the photographs are wonderful :-)
    The eyes are the first to eat! hehehe :-)

    Miss Beta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! It's so good, you must really try it!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images