My Beauty Hint: Carole Lombard [ Weekly Feature ]

June 15, 2014


[ C A R O L E   L O M B A R D - SCREEN ACTRESS ]

" Although I think make-up is very essential to beauty, my hint is not to overdo it. In daytime I use a powder of equal parts beige and flesh tints; a tea-rose shade of rouge and a very pale rose lipstick. I never use mascara or eye pencil when going to shop or out walking. For evening, a powder four shades darker is my favorite. I use no cheek rouge, but my lipstick is heavier. I use a carmen red. At night I also use a violet eyeled shadow and dark blue mascara, lengthening my eyebrows slightly with a blue pencil".

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Wise words from Ms. Lombard! I adore a good face, however, I find a lot of make up today is heavy and loud. Thanks again for reminding us that beauty shouldn't be overdone.. simple and classic. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole usually hits the hammer on the nail! She was ahead of her time!

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images