Lace, apples and English daisies

June 03, 2014


What is portraying Spring more than lace, fruit and daisies!? This dress is one of the three reproduction dresses I recently bought; I absolutely fell in love with the novelty print, the laced peter pan collar and the baby blue color. I barely wear baby blue and I thought it time to do so. I must admit that I am not very fond of the fabric of the dress; although it's a nice airy fabric for hot weather, it is a bit too light and easily crawls between your legs and makes it look like as if you're wearing a weird sort of pants. Feels a bit uneasy. 

The dress is the Bunny 40s Francine Dress in Light Blue and my shoes are my original 1940s wedges I have shown you before in a previous post. The snood I am wearing is skillfully crafted by my dear friend Jip from oldfashionedatheart. My sunglasses are truly thirties.



As you might have noticed, I am in the very painful process of growing my hairdye out. I am tired of being platinum blonde and I decided to go back to a color which is more close my natural shade; I am a fair blonde naturally, although I think it grew darker within the years (you can see my real haircolor in *this* post.) I have, besides from what my outgrowth shows, no idea what my true color looks like and, with very light dye such as platinum, the real haircolor always looks much darker. So, it would be quite a surprise for me. It has been too long ago since I have seen my own hair color in its entirety. 


You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Mooie jurk! Ik heb de groene variant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning, as always! I adore your dress (I'm mad for anything printed) and your snood!
    Good luck growing your hair out! That's never a very fun process, but I'm sure it'll be worth it when it's all grown out (:
    Cheers!
    -Elsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet Elsa, yes the print is so lovely and spring-y!

      I know that Jip, who made the snood, is willing to make them for others too, for just a small fee.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, Lindsay darling, you look nothing short of sensational! I love this soft, sweet shade of blue on you and how you've styled your whole wonderful ensemble. Pretty, pretty, soooo pretty! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Jessica, what a lovely compliment. The dress is so darling, but I must find a solution for the crawling skirt. But I am a make-do-and mend person, so that'll be allright.

      Thank you so for stopping by <3

      Delete
  4. Je ziet er prachtig uit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Martine, dat vind ik een groot compliment van jou :-)

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images