Good at figures with Esther Ralston - 1927

June 26, 2014

"The bicycle" is one of Esther Ralston's favorite exercises. 
It helps mightily in keeping down the waistline. Simply brace your hips as shown - and pedal an imaginary bicycle with a fairly rapid, even movement.

Esther Ralston finds Indian clubs great for keeping
the arms, shoulders, chest and waist in correct proportion
Try it!

If you really want to keep thin, try this. It's "the rocking horse." 
Get your arms and legs into this position
and rock back and forth.


© Courtesy of Photoplay

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. We used to do the "bicycle" in gym class when I was a kid. Wow, I don't think I've thought about that particular exercise since then. It feels like a million years ago now! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to do this but somehow I always fail. I have done it a lot of times in gym class aswell.

      Delete
  2. No one can dispute that even a long time ago, the exercising was a key to healthy and good looking lady. Like in these images, it does not need to be a vigorous cardio, it might as well be cycling (my favorite) outdoors, or badmington...

    Great post, Lindsay.

    Marija

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images