Fashion Friday: Ginger Rogers shops for hats [ Weekly Feature ]

June 20, 2014



Now that my 30 Day Writing Challenge is over (see post below this one), I decided to pop in another weekly feature. I not only love beauty tips, but also the astounding fashion of the 1930s and 1940s; I'm sure that did not came as a surprise, did it? We kick off with Miss Rogers shopping for hats!

"What do you think?" queries Ginger.
We think it is adorable, this smart black milan
hat with its veil halo and bow of
belting ribbon.







Hats were never gayer than this season,
so Daché daringly combines
green lace straw with an orange bird.
The green veil adds alure.

A shallow affair in natural
straw tweed has an impertinent
quill tied in with the bow of
grosgrain ribbon which
bands the low crown.
Only if you are as young
and radiant as Ginger may
you tilt your hat back like this.
The black straw coolie frame is lined with chiffon.
A nothing of navy blue lace
straw is merely an excuse to
flaunt a nosegay of red and white and blue flowers.
The demure veil is a dotted mesh.



A town hat of Scotch plaid
with upturned brim like a
Breton sailor, has a crisp
patent leather bow and a
fine mesh veil for neatness.





© Courtesy of Photoplay 1938

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Be still my vintage hat loving heart, these are some seriously fantastic images - and hats!!! There isn't a single chapeau here that I wouldn't happily sport.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all sooooo lovely, but the black milan is my absolute favorite. But really, I wouldn't mind having them all.

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images