Red-head: be careful of make-up!

May 09, 2014



Red-heads are the lucky girls of our time. They are the envy of their blonde and brunette sisters. The very color of their hair denotes warmth and excitement, and most of the ladies blessed with flaming tresses seem to have romance and adventure always around them.

But into every life some rain must fall, and they have a harder time with their make-up than either the dark girls or the light girls. They have to be careful about the colors they select in clothes. Otherwise, they have gotten the breaks.

This department has decided to come to the aid of the red-headed group, so here are some helpful hints that ought to make your selection of the proper colors in cosmetics a cinch. Never go in for a dull makeup or any of the yellow tones. They clash and conflict with the color pigment of your skin and do not suit your personality.

Becoming for light red-head
If you are a light red-head, and by that we mean light red hair, a fair skin, blue or green eyes, your makeup chart will differ from that of the dark red-head. Your complexion tone demands light shade of face powder, a vivid lipstick and a blonde or coral cheek rouge. Use a blue or green eyeshadow and a dark brown eyebrow pencil. Dark brown or black mascara should always be used. A coral shade of nailpolish is very effective with your coloring. The colors suited to you are browns, greens, yellow-greens, and any of the rust tones. Black and white will also set off your style of beauty very flatteringly.


Becoming for dark red-head
The dark red-head with dark red hair, ivory skin and brown eyes takes the following makeup. A lotus or light rachel powder, cherry red rouge and lipstick are the best for you. Use a dark brown eyebrow pencil, brown eye shadow and dark brown mascara. The browns will catch up the hints of brown in your hair and deepen the rich velvety beauty of your eyes. Use a cherry red fingernail polish to match your lipstick. If you are a red-head with this coloring you have a wider choice in the colors than your lighter sister. But you should learn to turn away from reds, yellows and oranges. When wearing black try to have a white collar or border at the neckline. This touch of white will emphasize the beauty of your titian hair and ivory skin.



Properly made up, you red-heads will go far and be a real danger signal to young men who want to remain single!

The Daily Times, 1938
© Juliet Shelby

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. I was thinking of coloring my hair but I don't trust much the hairdressers, what if the color then doesn't suit me?

    www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I have the same. I would love to become a brunette or a redhead but I can't seem to part with the platina hair.

      Delete
  2. Ohh I'd like to be a readhead but I'm not sure if red hair would look good on me! This post was really interesting, I love the color chart for light readheads **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you can always try! Luckily it does grow out at some point! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for all those tips ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting to see here that the old adage redheads avoiding red is alive and well. While such might be true for some, for others (humbly, myself included) red can actually be one of our most flattering colours ever. I get more compliments when I wear reds the look good (true and blue based ones) on me than probably any other other colour.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really depends on what color red the hair is. My mother is a light red head (and she hates it with a passion) and the color red is most unbecoming for her. I think that the color red, with your hair color, is indeed very beautiful.

      Delete
  5. I love the colours for the light red heads, so pretty!

    Miss Beta xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love it too! The only color I don't like is the yellow-green though! I love both colors apart, but not combined. xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

My Flickr Images